Samyangs on full frames

Hiya all

Just wondering if any of you have tried putting Samyang / Rokinon cine lenses onto full frame cameras? How much vignetting do you get and at what point does it start occurring?

Incidentally, the only tests I've seen of the 16mm on a full frame were Canon photography tests and were completely irrelevant as the MkIII has a profile that compensates specifically for the 16mm Samyang / Rokinon! I've seen the 35mm tested on a full frame Red something and it looked pretty good with no vignetting that I could see.

Reason I ask is am thinking of going full frame at the end of the year as Ursas etc... are in the right spot at the moment.

Thanks

Last edited:
The Samyang's are all full frame lenses, except a few such as the 8mm fisheye and some micro four thirds lenses they do. So no problem there.

By the way the Blackmagic URSA isn't full frame(if that's what you meant with your last line), it's super 35mm(roughly the same as APSC dslrs).

The Samyang's are all full frame lenses, except a few such as the 8mm fisheye and some micro four thirds lenses they do. So no problem there.

By the way the Blackmagic URSA isn't full frame(if that's what you meant with your last line), it's super 35mm(roughly the same as APSC dslrs).

The Samyangs get a little vignetting around the edges when pushed so although they are supposedly full frame, I can't use them as such. But it's a good point because super 35mm will give me a 1.3 crop which will be more than enough.

Thanks, very useful.

Rokinon 16 + 24 + 35 + 50 + 85 + 135 is a sweet setup for an URSA Mini. (plus 10mm if you need UWA and 100mm if you need the macro. Though personally I like my Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 just fine for UWA, and macro is a rather niche use that I've already got covered with numerous other lenses so I'll pass on the 100mm unless I see a crazy good deal on it)

I have a Rokinon Cine DS set myself that I'll be using with the URSA Mini when I get it:
http://ironfilm.co.nz/rokinon-cine-lenses/

I just wish Rokinon had a 20mm. As at the moment there is a *HUGE* gap between 16mm and 24mm :-( Doesn't even have to be FF, in fact if it is an APS-C / Super 35mm lens that would be ideal! :-D

Back