Samsung NX500 vs Panasonic FZ1000

Ok, so I'm having difficulties deciding between these two cameras.
I'm after the 4K, and its this price range that I am after. I'm not after GH4 or blackmagic, its just beyond my price range.

these two cameras seem great.
but they both have ups and downs and I would love to hear opinions what you would go for.
I've tried to compare them as best as I can without actually trying them.

NX500 seems to be the better choice,
better dynamic range (see table below)
has exchangeable lenses
DCI (the higher 4k resolution)
you can film while charging
the lack of microphone input doesn't bother me at all (im using the zoom h1).
its cheaper
h265 will be a hassle, but I can live with it.

the biggest thing that keeps me from buying it, is the very cropped image in 4K.
i guess the fz1000 wins here.

what do you guys think??

made this little table.
IMG_3377.jpg

I have a Samsung NX500 on preorder and wanted some opinions. At $799 I get a 16-50 non-constant aperture lens with an option of adding other lenses, a 85mm 1.4, etc at a pretty big expense. I don't really have a lot of money to add additional lenses soon.

I mainly take pics of my 3 year old son, low light shooting is important to me, as well as focus tracking and a good AF system. I use to have a D800 with a boatload of lenses and it was just too much stuff and costly given my life as a single Dad.

I started looking around and am considering canceling the preorder and going with either the RX10 which comes with a constant 2.8 Zeiss lens which is 24-200mm I think. The FZ1000 is another option but I hear the image quality isn't as good.

I like the concept of just having one great lens that of the 24-200 but with a smaller sensor than say the NX500 will I take a huge hit in image quality compared to the NX500? How good is that lens on the RX10? Kejriwal

Ok, so I'm having difficulties deciding between these two cameras.
I'm after the 4K, and its this price range that I am after. I'm not after GH4 or blackmagic, its just beyond my price range...

How much is the Panasonic G7/G70 locally in Sweden? You can get one (body only) delivered from Germany for 544,99€ (about 5100Kr) .

It seems to me the G70 would be the best 3840x2160p "4K" camera in your price range. Unlike the FZ1000, it has an interchangeable lens mount - plus the mic jack and electronic viewfinder Samsung neglected to add to the NX500.

Here is the image quality this camera can produce:

Event

Project-Definition x Autocon | Purist Group Winter Drive 2015

Fashion

Zuzana (2016) by Antoan Pepelanov

Narrative

Stars

Documentary

Fotograf Anna Ejemo

Indianapolis 500 in 4K

Travel/Nature

Bahamas

Away From The City ~ Panasonic G7 [4K] 42.5mm F1.7

LUMIX DMC-G7 Sample Video in 4K by Colin Witherill (please watch at 2160p and your monitor's highest resolution)

Timelapse

Clouds Time-lapse

Voigtlander Nokton 10.5mm F0.95 Lens - Examples on a Panasonic G7 [4K]

Timelapse and Slow Motion

Oostende Koerse 2015 (shot with the G7 and its big brother, the Panasonic GH4)

And it's a pretty good still camera too: https://www.flickr.com/groups/panasonic-lumix-g7/pool/

To be fair, the NX500 is a better still camera, but if you are primarily interested in video, the G7 is the best still/video camera in your price range.

Hope this is helpful and good luck with your decision!

the lack of microphone input doesn't bother me at all (im using the zoom h1).
the idea is to trade up to 4k. :)

So, you are looking to create A/V content with a picture resolution higher than even current commercial HD or cinema standards but with much lower than commercial standard-def sound?!! Taken as a whole, what kind of quality of films do you think you'll make?

I see this kind of post quite often here on IndieTalk and I don't expect my response to it will make even the slightest bit of difference but if it makes you think for just a second about what is actually important in order to make half decent films, then maybe it won't have been entirely wasted.

G

So, you are looking to create A/V content with a picture resolution higher than even current commercial HD or cinema standards but with much lower than commercial standard-def sound?!! Taken as a whole, what kind of quality of films do you think you'll make?

I see this kind of post quite often here on IndieTalk and I don't expect my response to it will make even the slightest bit of difference but if it makes you think for just a second about what is actually important in order to make half decent films, then maybe it won't have been entirely wasted.

G

Excuse me? Why so rude?

Anyway, if i record externally why would i need mic input on a camera?

Excuse me? Why so rude?

I wasn't being "so rude", just maybe a bit abrupt.

Anyway, if i record externally why would i need mic input on a camera?

It's not that you are recording externally but with what? Again, you are aiming for a higher than professional picture resolution while aiming for a far lower than professional sound quality. Does that sound like a reasonable balance to you, a balance which will result in decent overall film?

G

Back