Reservoir Dogs scene analysis

Hey guys im doing a scene analysis from Reservoir Dogs, in specific i will be doing the scene in which Mr. blonde decides to torture the captured police officer. I was wondering if anyone had anything to add that the noticed. literary, cinematography, editing etc. included, anything would be of great help.

Thanks in advance, William Graydon.

The beauty of that shot was that it was a VERY long shot. No mistakes, which made it. Don't try using multiple angles, maybe do the shot from a different point of view, but make sure you keep the length. Im watching it right now actually.

Also in that long shot they used music in a unique way--the music stays in the safehouse while what's his duck goes outside to his car to get the gas. One long shot...and as he steps outside the music fades. And the scene is very still as he gets the gas from his trunk...here we have a stillness and at the same time a growing anticipation of the terror that will come. Then when he walks back in the safehouse, the music fades in again...localized music. Loved that shot.

thanks alot everyone. great help. yea one of my main points was about the length of the shot. Btw Nathan its more like i value everyones opinion here so that's why i asked.

Back