• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

video Researching video editing workflows for an editing tool I'm making

Hello everyone,
I'm in the process of making a video editing tool and I was hoping to speak to some editors here to get a better idea of what their video editing workflow looks like. I would also like a professional's (or a hobbyist's for that matter) take on what I'm working on to see if there's any real value to it.

I'm looking for someone who is able to volunteer maybe 20 minutes of their time. If anyone was interested then that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance

I'll take a look at it for you, we can do a screenshare session sometime in the next week. I'm actually looking for a coder to co produce a film tool that doesn't exist yet, so I'd be interested in seeing your work.

I'll take a look at it for you, we can do a screenshare session sometime in the next week. I'm actually looking for a coder to co produce a film tool that doesn't exist yet, so I'd be interested in seeing your work.
Perfect! I really appreciate it. I'll DM you so we can get something setup.
*Edit* I'm looking around trying to find a DM feature. I know it's possible as I have my own DM box but I don't see anywhere in the UI where I can do that. It might not be enabled for me since I'm a new user? I hate to ask but it might be easier if you DM me if that's OK with you.

Last edited:
Sorry it took me a minute to get back to you. You can just message me on the discord server, and we'll have built in screen sharing and voice chat there. That way you could give me a visual tour of your software.

The link is here on indietalk somewhere, I'll go find it and copy it in here. Just leave me a message there, and if I'm around I'll respond within a few minutes, if not, I'll leave you a message when I see it and we can set up a time. I'm in EST, and am usually around later in the evening.

Last edited:
Thanks Nate!
Nate was awesome providing feedback. If anyone here is a documentary filmmaker or knows someone who is and would be interested in sharing some feedback that would be very helpful and appreciated.

Back