Requesting Screen Grabs

Hey guys,

I've decided to finally write a tutorial on color correction. Everything is going well but I'm finding that I don't have enough decent examples to work from that I can legally use. If anyone out there has some images with color imbalances, improper white balance, overexposure, underexposure, artifacting, etc and would be willing to let me use a screengrab or two let me know! They don't even have to be video frames per se as the techniques can be applied just as easily to still images.

I could also use some good footage/grabs that look ok but which could probably be enhanced by good corection and grading.

These were all taken with an XL1s. You can just about tell which is the newer footage by the improvement of the qicture quality...we've learned alot on this shoot. We also had a second camera that had a finger print on the inside of the back lens element :( and the screws were cross threaded/superglued shut. We also noticed that there is overscan area on the camera...you cant see the edges of the frame in the view finder, hence lights showing at the edges and booms up top on some shots :( . Learned lots, better pictures now.

Man we had the best colour correction and digital grading job done on 'left For Dead'... I'll try and sort some stills for you If I can cap directly from the DVD.

Feel free to grab from the garage scene in Killer Squirrel. Or the end, with the face. That has been fixed btw, just haven't uploaded it yet.

Back