• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Redux

Hi everyone!

My name is Dakota Barron and I own an extremely small production company called No Silence Media.

We recently wrote and produced this short film called, Redux. It tells a story that illustrates how very small interactions can have a big difference. From writing to finishing, we spent a total of about 6 months working on it. We had a budget of between $2,000 and $2,500. It's our first "large scale" short film, so I'd really love to hear any and all criticism. I try my best not to be prideful or arrogant, so don't be afraid to say anything. I know I'm not some hotshot, and I know the film has issues.

Specifically, I'd love to hear opinions of the story itself. Technical critiques are great too, but I'm especially interested in hearing how I can improve my storytelling. After all, that's what a movie is all about ;)

Anyway, below are the links to the trailer and the film itself. If you'd like to watch it without seeing the trailer, be my guest. I just figured some people might be interested in the trailer first.

Trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfVg8C2Azak

Film:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5zEP89AhvE

Thanks for looking! I hope you guys enjoy!

Dakota Barron
-NSM-

NOTE: It does have some dramatic elements and dark topics that may not be suitable for young children.

Great job! The work really shows. Unfortunately the story didn't hold my interest so I didn't watch it all. I didn't like the opening credits, they look clunky. Too much hand held camera. I also didn't like the captioned time transitions. I would prefer more narrator in the introduction of the character with the highlights shown in a smooth time transition.

Great job!

I liked the story once I got into it. You almost lost me at the narration at the beginning, but once past that the storytelling is pretty good as a single act of kindness story. From a story standpoint, maybe don't make the time jump so much. The jump from school to him losing his job is fine, but then the jump from him losing his job and the coffee shop scene being a month seems a bit much. I say keep it closer together IMO.

The only other things I would point out as problems would be the narration at the beginning, the acting at certain points, and the sound dropped sometimes. Nothing major, didn't ruin my enjoyment at all. The one thing that was driving me bonkers however was the overuse of shaky cam.

Again, great work!

Back