REALLY easy question

I was wondering what that thing that directors use is called, the 'clacker' thing with the scene and stuff written on it, its also on the splach screen to final cut pro. Also where can I buy one?

-thanks

ps please dont laugh at me :lol:

Its called a clapper, slate, clap board, marker, etc.

I have no idea what your price range is but they start with making one out of a 99c store dry erase board and knocking the frame with a pen or something all the way up to digitized and synched to the sound track.

Here's B&H's selection.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=breadCrumb&A=search&Q=&ci=5726

PS NOBODY here will laugh at you if its a question that cannot either be found:

1) By typing in the name in google and pressing enter

or

2) Cannot be found by doing a search here at Indietalk.

We've covered a lot of ground here at IT but we all still have a lot more to cover so do a search first.

No one should ever laugh at anyone, unless they walk into something. That always cracks me up. Oh, and zippers that are unzipped, that gets me too.

It's a clapboard or a slate - I'm not sure where you'd get a local one but here's a cheap one from a website I googled:

http://www.studio1productions.com/clapboards.htm

The acrylic one is probably easier to write and erase, we used chalk on a chalkboard surface and it worked fine. They were originally important used as a way to synch audio and visual, not an issue if you're using digital.

But it helps to separate scenes and make it easier to capture and organize clips so use one on all your shots. We forgot a few times and wrote scenes on paper and our camera guy used siccors to "clap."

But then he was a little crazy.

Boz Uriel said:
A hit to the crotch does it for me. That and fancy dressed people falling down.

Last two movies we did, we used our hands.

Um...for a clapboard or hits to the crotch?

I use my hands, too, but the less said about that the better. In fact, I've already said too much.

Back