Quick question, Urgent!

I'm doing a video contest and it's due in 2 hours.

I recorded clips onto a camera which import as .MPG files.

Everytime I drag it to iMovie there is no sound. I tried extracting auto but iMovie crashes everytime (I'm making HD space right now). Did I do the right thing?

And in Final Cut Express, I drag them into the sequence or whatever but there still is no sound even after rendering. The .MPG VIDEO shows in the timeline but there is no clip in the Audio timeline.

Do the clips need to be in a different format? I tried compressing them in Quicktime to both .MOV and .Mp4 files...but still no audio.

What else should I do?! Thanks.

Sounds like you either:

1) Recorded them without audio...
2) Imported them without audio...

I would check your settings on both Final Cut and iMovie to see if you brought them in with audio. Other then that I got no clue.

No, I imported them with audio.

What I ended up doing was opening the .MPG files in quicktime and recording the sound from my internal mic. that made separate .MOV audio tracks which I then was able to add into the FC timeline by themselves to match up with the (audioless) video. it didn't turn out too bad. no crappy mismatched kung-fu dialogue either.

but i'll be sure not to upload .MPG files again. unless there is something I should have done???

Back