Questions About T2i and T3i

Ok,

I'm a 15 year old filmmaker looking to get a new camera with great quality and I've decided a DSLR is my best bet (Impossible to change my mind considering I already bought some lenses for DSLR). Anyway, I've boiled down my choices to the T2i and T3i. I know there is another thread about this and I just read it, but I have a few more questions so if you would be so kind... :yes:

1. I understand that the T2i records video in h.264 which is highly compressed, and the T3i records in MOV. My question: is MOV format more or less compressed than h.264, and which would yield higher quality footage?

2. T2i has magic lantern which enables extra features for audio. I'm planning on using an external audio recorder so this is of no use to me. But is there anything else magic lantern can do for the T2i that may not be available on the T3i?

3. I've been looking around even on the Canon website and cannot find the supported frame rates for both cameras, can anyone tell me what frame rates they each support? or at least tell me if they do 1080p 60frames and 1080p 24 frames?

4. Price isn't a concern for me, with only a hundred dollar difference, I want a camera that will last and that will be the best I can get. If there is anything else you can tell me to help me decide between the two, Please Do So.

THANKS A TON

Another question about the T2i or T3i!!... Do you guys have noticed that if you shoot with a higher shutter speed, let's say 125... or even higher, you get better quality images?... and... you can get a better film look... but again, the strobe effect isn't that good... what do guys think about it?...

Not higher quality, just with less spatial blurring… but without motion blur you end up with a stuttery, almost stop-motion look.

sorry, i didnt know a z finder was an object you coud buy and attach to camera, i thought it was a camera function or something

Please, no apologies; just havin' fun with ya. Cheers.

Another question about the T2i or T3i!!... Do you guys have noticed that if you shoot with a higher shutter speed, let's say 125... or even higher, you get better quality images?... and... you can get a better film look... but again, the strobe effect isn't that good... what do guys think about it?...

Like chilipie said, all you're doing is eliminating motion-blur. People are accustomed to seeing motion blur, so if you want a more "natural" look, better to keep you shutter speed low.

Not higher quality, just with less spatial blurring… but without motion blur you end up with a stuttery, almost stop-motion look.

Yeah that's true... but anyway...

Does anybody knows what would be the 'cheapest' zoom lens with constant maximum aperture for the T2i??...

In the meanwhile, I'll keep zooming with my lens not completely attach to the camera... It's not perfect, but it's my only option for now...

Does anybody knows what would be the 'cheapest' zoom lens with constant maximum aperture for the T2i??...

In the meanwhile, I'll keep zooming with my lens not completely attach to the camera... It's not perfect, but it's my only option for now...

I think the cheapest CA zoom that Canon offer is the 17-40 f/4 L. Then probably the EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8.

I think I'd almost rather see the aperture change during shot than shoot with a lens not mounted properly… you realise you won't be able to focus to infinity doing that?

I think the cheapest CA zoom that Canon offer is the 17-40 f/4 L. Then probably the EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8.

I think I'd almost rather see the aperture change during shot than shoot with a lens not mounted properly… you realise you won't be able to focus to infinity doing that?

Well.. it's not like I'm going to be shooting the whole day with my lens not mounted properly.. but it's the only way to make zoom video shots, for now... without getting a variable exposition too noticeable... and I don't know but, those lenses are too expensive for me, I rather get a good Full-HD camcorder for zoom shots...

Do you mean zoom WHILE recording? Thats prety crappy cinema. Its very rarely a good choice. Pop zooms are good for campy fight flicks, and the zoom\dolly is a special effect. But seldom do zooms look good unless its for a specific effect. Worse yet, your screwed with any of the new electronic lenses anyway, even high end canon class. Few lenses are made parafocal these days, meaning that as you zoom the focus changes. Yup, it sucks, gone are the days of zooming in to focus and then zoom out for framing..

but do not lose hope. Old manual parafocal constant aperture lenses are not that hard to find and can be dang cheap.

Back