• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Question aboutrdoing editing in Premiere Pro.

A lot of times parts of my sound get erased and I have to reedit them into the movie all over again. I think maybe I move something over them, or they somehow get deleted by something I am doing without noticing. Plus there are so many sound tracks to keep track of compared to video. Is there anyway that once I have edited a piece of sound into the movie, that I can lock it, and make it un-erasable? Thanks.

You can lock entire tracks, but they also won't be able to move. The lock is at the very left of each track.

This is why audio editing typically happens after video. Lock your video edit down, THEN go and massage audio and fix dialogue and and add sound effects and Foley, etc. there will be a lot more audio tracks than video for sure.

Okay thanks but I could use a lot for just individual sections of tracks. Sometimes I have to put the sound in first, cause I need to know how long the sound will play out. Like when someone is talking but the camera is not on them.

Back