Question about using the Canon T3i

I am helping my friends shoot a feature on two Canon T3is. However one of them has full 1080p, and the other, only has 720p. They are both the same camera, so why is this? The manual of the one only says that 720 is possible, and no full HD is an option. The other however, has full HD in 24p or 30p options. Why is one different if they are both T3i? The one that has no HD, also does not seem to have any manual exposure control while in video mode. I cannot find any option on the camera for manual exposure, of the aperture, shutter, and ISO all individually. It's all auto. Where as on the HD T3i I have all manual options. What's up with this?

Last edited:
I am helping my friends shoot a feature on two Canon T3is. However one of them has full 1080p, and the other, only has 720p. They are both the same camera, so why is this? The manual of the one only says that 720 is possible, and no full HD is an option. The other however, has full HD in 24p or 30p options. Why is one different if they are both T3i? The one that has no HD, also does not seem to have any manual exposure control while in video mode. I cannot find any option on the camera for manual exposure, of the aperture, shutter, and ISO all individually. It's all auto. Where as on the HD T3i I have all manual options. What's up with this?

One of the cameras is a t3i (550 D)

The other camera is a T3 (1100 D)

You hang with the weirdest crowd. :abduct:

Back