• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Question about using Premiere Pro.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITLGhOoj0po&feature=youtu.be

Basically in the clip of a project I am doing, the screen starts out pink and then the middle splits and opens up. However, one side finishes opening before the other sides finishes. I would like it so that both sides finish simultaneously.

I have been experimenting with several different methods and features in Premiere Pro, after a few hours of it, I still haven't been able to find any features that work. Is there a way to get both sides to peel open and finish simultaneously?

Thanks for any input. I really appreciate it.

It is all about keyframes.

The information that is missing here is: how did you achieve what you have got now?
Without that information I can't tell you what you do wrong.
Yes, WRONG.
Because this is not hard to achieve if you know how to use effects and keyframes.

Okay thanks.

I put a pink color matte over the image, then cropped the color matte out until it was over to the left.

I then put another pink color matte over the image and cropped it out, until it was over to the right.

I then tried put a third color matte over, that lasts until the title goes off the screen, and then made it so that the color matte would go away, with a video transition. Basically I tried two transitions. Wipe, where I would have one side wipe, and then other, and I tried 'barn doors', which is what you see now. Neither of them worked, but barn doors works a little better.

I could center the image but I thought that the woman would look better if she was a bit off center. Sometimes centering the person exactly, does not look the best. What do you think for this type of video?

When you say key frames are the key, are you suggesting that I apply the wipe, frame by frame, so it begins and ends where I want it?

DON'T ANIMATE THE WIPE FRAME BY FRAME.

Go to the crop effect on the left (or right matte). You don't need the third one.
Select the 'stopwatch' to enable keyframes. You only have to set the settings of the beginning and the end. That is why it is called a keyframe: you don't set values on every frame: the software will do that.
Because you can see the keyframes, you can put keyframes on the other half at the exact same timecodes.

Back