• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Question about exporting format in Premiere Pro.

For my short film I edited two scenes in one PP file, and two other scenes in another. I want to put both together, but I try to import a PP file into another, there is only one soundtrack for all the sound. Can I import it so all the soundtracks remain separate, so I can work on them individually in Adobe Audition afterwards? I tried googling this but every answer I came across so far is for importing with one soundtrack. Thanks.

When you import another project, it gives you a selection for what sequence of that project you want to import. When you choose, it brings in every file associated with that sequence too.

Alternatively, you can copy all the edited footage in Tineline A, close the project and open the project with Timeline B and paste it in.

H44: what is your native language?

Your questiontitle is about export settings, but your question is about importing a project.
Are you importing a projectfile or an export from another project?

Just use the copypaste trick.

Or open the sequence you imported. You can place a sequence in a sequence. Then it's 1 video and 1 audio track.

Sorry for the confusion. I want to export a project. Let's call it project a. It's basically a copy of a section of my edit, and I want to bring it into project b, and re-edit project a, within project b. But how do I export project a, so that all the soundtracks will be separate, and can be edited separately, after I bring it into project b? I want two copies of my edit, and I want to be able to edit the sound differently in each to compare, but as soon as I make a copy, the sound is all one track. Thanks.

Last edited:
Copy paste is a method that's already mentioned.

The other option I don't know what it's called, but it's not part of the normal exportsettings, because exporting created 1 file with 1 video and 1 audio track.
(Maybe XML something)

Okay thanks, but I keep trying the copy and paste method, but it won't paste it. I copied out of timeline A, then closed it. Then I opened timeline B, tried to right click to paste, but when I right click nothing happens.

Select and press CTRL+C.
Don't close A.
Open B when A is still opened. (A will close and B will open.)

Select the sequence where you want to paste. Make sure the timeline window is selected. (Very important)
Press CTRL+V

I sometimes use this to move something from one project to another. It always worked.

Back