PROXiMITY!

What did we all think? I loved it and i love the fact that Ryan didn't pack his bags after losing funding for Outsiders. Instead he uses the gear he has and talent to create this awesome short. Go Film Riot!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7J2AhMZ7wdQ

Personally I didn't like it. The camera work through out was way too shaky for my liking. The plot makes zero sense as well. To me it come across as one of their VFX test using hitfilm or action essentials. The over all finished look of the short was nice that is the only positive I can think of.

I liked it a lot. It was pretty dark which I usually do not like. However, it was suspenseful and action packed and kept me on the edge of my seat. It also looked great.

The only time the camera shakiness bothered me was on the two WS that start at around 9:07. Those should definitely have been on sticks.

The problem I have with this is the bookends (I can forgive the WTF are these bracelets about as at least the character gave some sort of explanation)...

as for the bookends...

this would have been 100% more effective if instead of opening on a shot of the bound people, if we would have had a nice 2 shot conversation from the guys with guns about a random (yet relevant) topic.

on the other end... some type of actual closure would have made more sense... not sure how you would do that though but I'm sure it's possible.

films (even shorts) should leave you with questions... things people talk about after viewing

my only question is... who was driving the truck?

It was not bad, but like jsthompson said, the plot had no point.
Shot very well, edited very well, audio was great, but no plot. its like having a book with beautiful pictures, beautiful cover, but just that.. an ok story.

Back