proof of my complaints with Canon 6D (noisy as hell)

Hello, I am absolutely sure at this point that my 6D is performing poorly. I have created an ISO test video with the lens cap on to test my theory. When compared with other ISO tests found online, I see a MAJOR difference between their footage and mine. Like, mine looks terrible. My 550D doesn't have noise this bad. No idea what the hell could be causing this problem but it sure as hell is frustrating. Please take a look and let me know if you see the difference also. I may be going crazy, but I'm pretty sure this thing is screwed up. I'm using CineStyle PP, but that shouldn't make a difference, should it? :huh::huh::huh:

click to download from google drive

I did watch both videos and couldn't really make anything out or draw any conclusions from them. But that's probably just because I don't have a clue.

I wish that other video you posted as a reference also showed what his video looked like not zoomed in, so we could compare that to yours too.

Do you have some video of something you filmed that you feel looks bad with noise and that you can share here with us? Something perhaps from one of your music video shoots, or something?

I did a little searching to see if there is anything about the Cinestyle pp adding noise. I didn't go too far, but it looks like there might be a little grumbling about it adding noise. I'm going to pm you one I did find but that I cannot post out here. That person's conclusion seems to be, no, it doesn't actually add noise, but something else is going on. A more extensive search of the web might turn up more.

Do many other people complain about or have trouble with the 6D's noise performance? Is that the camera's rep'?

Last edited:
actually the reason I posted this thread is because I can't find anywhere else online where people have complained about this problem. I have a feeling that the sensor has overheated a lot or something (i bought it used) and caused it to degrade the circuitry or something? i'm not an electrical engineer or anything so i have NO idea what i'm talking about. just trying to get to the bottom of this.

probably just going to sell the 6D soon and get something along the lines of a GH4 or (preferably) an A7s/A7Rii

actually the reason I posted this thread is because I can't find anywhere else online where people have complained about this problem. I have a feeling that the sensor has overheated a lot or something (i bought it used) and caused it to degrade the circuitry or something? i'm not an electrical engineer or anything so i have NO idea what i'm talking about. just trying to get to the bottom of this.

probably just going to sell the 6D soon and get something along the lines of a GH4 or (preferably) an A7s/A7Rii

My 2 year old Canon 6D has also started giving a lot of noise and many hot pixels. The sensor has been recently cleaned and firmware updated. I'm hoping someone here would have some suggestions on how to resolve this :)

My 2 year old Canon 6D has also started giving a lot of noise and many hot pixels. The sensor has been recently cleaned and firmware updated. I'm hoping someone here would have some suggestions on how to resolve this :)

Wow this is so so good to hear. Just sold my canon on eBay! You should probably do the sane ASAP

Back