• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Promotional HipHop Video please critique!

The audio needs some work. There isn't continuity in the background noise when you switch shots.
The DOF seems a bit extreme and somewhat unnecessary.
Took a minute or so to get into. It's not bad if it's slow, as long as it's interesting. I didn't think it was very interesting.
Not really anything happened. At all.
The credits are really long.

I'm not completely sure what this is. Could you enlighten me?

Anyway, it looks nice and the acting isn't bad. :cool:

Thanks for watching.

Well, it was for what they call a come back artist...I don't know if you've ever seen the movie "Paid in Full"....these guys basically wanted me to re-create a specific scene from that movie to re-introduce the artist So Fly Smooth (the guy in the orange shirt) to the music industry. If you saw Paid in Full I'm sure it would make more sense to you lol. Yes I agree the sound needs a lot of work! All it was really suppose to show was the So Fly Smooth was "back"

I liked the beats at the end. I could get my scratch-on to that. :cool:

Edit: Just listening to 'It aint hard to tell' by SFS now. The vid is a bit distracting, but the track is pretty cool. It's got a bit of a Wu vibe about it, which is far from a bad thing in my books. :)

Last edited:
Well that's the thing, the music video with him rapping dropped at 8p.m. the morning we released this video...I didn't film the actual music video I was only hired for the promo :). They knew exactly what they wanted so I gave them just that lol.

The dialogue was abysmal it was almost as if it was put on too much like they got nervous or something, maybe people from the street in London just talk faster but these guys were like yo man, hey man, yeah man, so man, that man, man, man, man, man... That's all I heard...

Also the BOKEH shots were not needed at all made it slightly horrific..

The pacing of the video was too slow for me..

Back