• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch promo trailer for atlanta's first indie scfi series

You've got a soundtrack by Johnny Cash and an official MPAA rating?

Trailer doesn't explain much, tbh.

Good luck.

I...'m not a big fan. I'm not sure where to begin. I think for one, you’re using a Cash song over the whole trailer…I’m never a fan of trailers that use only a song as the full sound…it shows me that you may be scared to edit in dialog because, 1) the dialog might suck, 2) the sound quality might suck 3) you may not know how to cut a trailer…all of those are red flags for the whole project…to me at least.

I think also the CG is very low quality. And it may be able to be considered ‘stylized’ CG…but for the most part, it doesn’t fit the live action, and is all pretty low quality. If you don’t know how to do effects…don’t shoot an effects-driven movie.

Also, the only part of the trailer that actually showcased dialog and sound quality was poor. The audio level was way too low, and the sound quality left much to be desired…I could barely hear the guy, and the background tone was buzzing like crazy.

And overall…there is nothing in the trailer that makes me want to invest time to watch it…what’s it about? Who are the characters? What’s the point?

I apologize for being so blunt…but I figure you’re posting it on a film site for honest critiques, before the public sees it.

Good luck. I know your team put a lot of work into this…and that I can respect.

UMN, Micro-Studios Announces thr Launch of Sentinel 2.0

UMN, Micro-Studios proudly announces the launch of Sentinel 2.0

A midst the party going revelry of our second annual Halloween Party our associate producer Joe Hardy Jr. (he also acts and plays the lead clone Cerino in the series) "pressed the button". That button was the "upload" button to youtube beginning the second season of Atlanta's first independently produced web-series.

Unfortunately due to some technical glitch with the software everyone had to huddle into the cramped space which is our studio to view the video on the playback monitor. A little more than 9 months since the first season came to a close and less than two months since we completed primary filming on this season and Sentinel 2.0 is underway.

Episode 1 Sentinel 2.0 "A History Lesson" is just that, a lesson into the story line which was somewhat vague in our first season. With this first episode we explain how the world has come to this dark place which our story is set against. Our intrepid journalist Hannah Dixon (played Madeline Brumby) narrates the Voice of A Free World Special Report detailing how cloning, warring city states, a corporate empire, religious fundamentalists and anti-global insurgents rule the landscape in this post apocalyptic vision of the future.

Thanks to our cast and crew who made this project possible. Again thanks to all of the folks who came to the party. See you guys soon.

We launch our next episode "The Origin Of Cerino" next friday -Nov. 6 2009 so tune into youtube and check it.

Support the local indie film/video community.

If the links do not work cut and paste them into your browser

Links to episode 1 and the trailer for epsidoe2

sentinel 2.0 epsidoe 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BSB4tboGv0

trailer episode 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=os52HVliCQ4

Thanks for watching!

J.Welin

Back