Promises Lost?

Kevin Bacon...

bird said:
It has always been my belief that everyone has the potential for creating good (even great) work and that everyone has the possibility of redemption from less than stellar past examples.

Okay, that was a broad contention, so I'll whittle it down to filmmaking: I submit that Madonna could have been the next Barbara Stanwyck or Rosiland Russell. I think she had a shown a tiny bit of sardonic wit in 'Desperately seeking Susan' and *some* Buster Keatonish/Ms Manton(Stanwyck) slapstick in "Who's That Girl?'.

I still think the promise is there.

So, who do you all think never lived up to their potential and can still be *saved*?:D
Gotta go with Kevin Bacon on this one although he has put out some decent performances... I think he can go a hell of a lot deeper. THE WOODSMAN was getting there but still, he can go farther...

Highly underrated actor that hasn't got the right script yet... And, because of this 'up and down' career path, many studios are loathe to have him play the lead...

filmy

"Gotta go with Kevin Bacon on this one although he has put out some decent performances..."

He was great in JFK... and Footloose, of course.

Jfk...

T Shipley said:
"Gotta go with Kevin Bacon on this one although he has put out some decent performances..."

He was great in JFK... and Footloose, of course.
Wow... Forgot about the role he played in JFK... That was quite a departure from his FOOTLOOSE days as was his character, Sean Nokes in SLEEPERS.

filmy

Kevin Bacon - do the Bluto! (Animal House didn't really launch any careers, although I think it was National Lampoon's peak - Sorry, Griswolds)

Lilith said:
But the burning question is, Why is Mr. Footballman getting plowed? When he gets over his hangover, perhaps he'll share. ;)

Because it was my little cousins christening today and I was the godfather. I'm now a 2 time godfather, which is surely coming close to Marlon Brando territory :)

MrFootballMan said:
Because it was my little cousins christening today and I was the godfather. I'm now a 2 time godfather, which is surely coming close to Marlon Brando territory :)

...Congratulations! I suppose you look much like your avatar about now:lol:

...getting back to the question....hmmm, how about Eddie Murphy? He was out of the gates long before Robin Williams, but no serious roles for him. Wonder what he could have done as opposed to the Nutty Professor....

-- spinner :cool:

Back