Professional gear

Hello .

So recently couple of teachers from my school contacted me with the offer,that i'll get sponsor to make a short film for international project.

The film has a lot of great location,huge landscapes and absolutely beautiful places to visit.

That's why I would like to spend some money on something like Jib,Slider and a dolly .

A clothing company and an airsoft store agreed to help me as well so they will provide me with free stuff from there .

Any idea how much all those jibs and sliders and what not would cost ? I want thinking of getting them for Kessle Crane ?

As I'm using only the 5D and the T2i , do you think I should stick with it or I should try find something other ? I would love to get something like the Blackmagic for this short .

And most imoprtantly it's the audio . ,however I would probably hire a professional to come .

I know it may sounds pretty stupid but for me it's kinda of a big deal since I haven't done anything so serious,ever .

Any tips you guys can give me ?

Poor sound kills more good projects than any other technical reason. Definitely hire a pro, or hook up with an knowledgeable, ambitious up-an-comer. You don't have the time to learn all of the technical aspects of production sound and then to learn the techniques - which you won't be doing yourself; you'll be too busy directing.

Back