Production Podcasts and Vlogs

So recently I discovered the 'Breaking Bad Insider Podcast' and didn't realize quite how much information there would be for new film makers. In the three episodes they've done for this season so far they've discussed the importance of extras (and the extra pressures that can come along with fewer lines), improvised camera shots (they apparently climbed a tree for a certain shot in episode 2), the difference between certain types of shots (master and coverage shots in episode 3's podcast), etcetera.

I'd also recommend The Dark Knight behind the scenes stuff on the DVD, where they speak about how completely ridiculous yet fantastic Nolan's direction is - half the stuff I just assumed was CGI turned out to be actual stunts, because Nolan wants his films to look as realistic as possible. Fair play to him!

Does anyone have any other examples of good production podcasts/blogs/vlogs for people to look at?

Didn't realize there was a third one, sweeeet. Those videos have such a friendly feel to them, it's like they're all close friends doing the stuff they love to do. And dwarves playing air guitar is always hilarious.

No problem.

The Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles DVDs also have some good Behind The Scenes stuff you can probably find online if you don't like the show. Season 2's stuff does at least, it talks through the storyboarding process, choreography of fight scenes, etcetera.

Back