production intro?

Do you guys have production logo videos?

Trying to look around, to see what people have, get some inspiration going!

Getting tired of simple text, wants to get something bit more flashy :)

If you're going to submit your film to film festivals, don't do the logo thing. !) The screeners aren't going to want to sit through it, 2) unless the rest of your film has the same zowie-wowie production values as the logo, you're setting the screeners up to be disappointed. Indeed, some have said that the fancier the logo, the better the chances of the film being a total POS.

Most filmmakers, of course will think this doesn't apply to them so fancy logos fronting unwatchable films have become the norm. :(

I used motion to do mine... all done with particle generators that are built into the program at default settings... then added sound design to give it some impact.

If you're going to submit your film to film festivals, don't do the logo thing. !) The screeners aren't going to want to sit through it, 2) unless the rest of your film has the same zowie-wowie production values as the logo, you're setting the screeners up to be disappointed. Indeed, some have said that the fancier the logo, the better the chances of the film being a total POS.

Most filmmakers, of course will think this doesn't apply to them so fancy logos fronting unwatchable films have become the norm. :(

As you said, that rule only applies to film festivals. There are bigger markets, such as NATPE to apply to where the rules are different.

:lol:

and it has videocopilot written all over it ;)

No!

A 3D program such as 3D Max, Maya, or Blender. Also Sony Vegas Pro or After Effects can create logos. Video Copilot is more of an accessory programs. Particle Illusion is also an accessory program with templates and stock animation to use. Video Copilot prides itself in using actual live footage for explosions, gun fire, and smoke.

It take a lot of practice. I use Photoshop to create the fonts and Sony Vegas to do the lighting effects and animation. The effects are done with layers, like using Photoshop. Adobe Premiere Elements does not give the great degrees of control frame by frame as even Sony Vegas Home Studio, the watered down version of Pro. Frame by frame, layer by layer, you can control the lighting, chroma key, transparency, and turn on or off a visual effect.

Last edited:
No!

A 3D program such as 3D Max, Maya, or Blender. Also Sony Vegas Pro or After Effects can create logos. Video Copilot is more of an accessory programs. Particle Illusion is also an accessory program with templates and stock animation to use. Video Copilot prides itself in using actual live footage for explosions, gun fire, and smoke.

It take a lot of practice. I use Photoshop to create the fonts and Sony Vegas to do the lighting effects and animation. The effects are done with layers, like using Photoshop. Adobe Premiere Elements does not give the great degrees of control frame by frame as even Sony Vegas Home Studio, the watered down version of Pro. Frame by frame, layer by layer, you can control the lighting, chroma key, transparency, and turn on or off a visual effect.

Dont forget lightwave lol it doesnt beat maya in terms of movie sales.but it has it over max at least three.fold titanic was lightwave

As you said, that rule only applies to film festivals. There are bigger markets, such as NATPE to apply to where the rules are different.

People are people you know, and I don't think anyone wants to sit through a 30 second logo clip by choice. I would suggest if one has a top notch film, 4 seconds max as someone suggested earlier.

I use 10 second cards in my titles at the end, and my prodco gets exactly as much time as any of the places that donate anything to us. The credits are to thank the folks who have dedicated time, money or effort to your production. I trade those 10 second spots as advertising to an audience of people who want to support businesses who want to support the local creative community... so I bill YAFI that way as well... which it is.

People are people you know, and I don't think anyone wants to sit through a 30 second logo clip by choice. I would suggest if one has a top notch film, 4 seconds max as someone suggested earlier.

The actual Production Logo is about 4 seconds. It's just strung together with an animated title, which all studio production and better independent films also have.

I only did a first with A Mike Cervello Film animated card because someone here suggested it. It should be in white lettering and it should fade in and out before or after the animated title.

My actresses refer to the animated title as their Charlie's Angels title. One acturess even call's it Gail's Angels. They recognize it as a fancy animated title for which it is.

Back