Production Company Business Software

Hey guys,

I'm starting to do more and more 'producer' type of work and actually sending out invoices and paychecks to people. It's starting to get a bit confusing on who owes me and who I owe.

I've made a few excel sheets to do very basic accounting stuff, but I'm looking for something more friendly and/or advanced. I know a database-like program is what I probably need, but I don't know what to really look for.

Thanks,
Aaron

Gorilla might work for you if you're looking for more of a film budgeting related solution.

Otherwise for just straight accounting software, there's a lot of choices. Peach Tree is widely used in the banking world. MS Money, Quicken, or Quickbooks should work...

Free Coins is a PalmOS accounting solution

There are also several open source options, like:
Personal Finance Manager
Or a very large business suite like appx

...and a lot of web-based solutions.

Hmm...I think the problem is I don't know exactly what I need. Well, I know what I need, I don't know if this is something I will have to make myself somehow. I guess I should be more in-depth with my question.

I am starting to do a lot of 1 to 4 day projects with a small crew (me and 2 others is typical). Scheduling isn't really an issue for me.

I do wedding videos, music videos, low budgets commercials, and live events (plays, business conferences). Been pretty successful as a side business so far.

Is there any free online solutions? I have 2 partners.

I've tried using Google Spreadsheets, but it's just not advanced enough. It won't transfer info from one sheet to the next.

quickbooks is specifically billing/financial/bookkeeping software. Not specifically movie related, but you sounded like you were looking for $$$ in/out tracking which is specifically what this package does.

Back