Previous employment

I am a bit embarrassed and lucky.

I have pursed film-making as a profession for a decade now. Not made a dime yet. I was 17 then and has passed 12th grade.

At some point I got back to education but took distance-learning programs from a government recognized educational body and have gone to complete my MBA in international business so that I can focus on film-making.

Now I am currently involved in paperwork of selling of some of the property.

To, recently, send some money to a US film pro. I needed $7000. my mother was wearing my grandma’s golden jewelry and in a matter 5 minutes it was not in her hands. It didn’t rub me well.

With every reason in the world I’ll say this, I have had it, there are folks in Mumbai who haven’t put 1/10th of my efforts and they all have been paid. WHY THE FUCK NOT ME. And when I say this I cannot be corrected but only be seconded the quality I bring to the table cannot by matched by 99.99…9% of Mumbai folks. I tried explaining this to my friend in Mumbai. He was of the opinion that I had not invested in the right direction. FAIR ENOUGH. I mean, why should I guy ho goes on making mistakes get a shot at success? I know where they put there 99.99% efforts, in blocking another guy’s attempts at success. No I am not bitter, it is a fact.

I am planning to move to Mumbai and take up a job on the basis of my MBA so that I can pay some money for my mum so that she can get back my grandmother’s jewelry.

I am lucky because I pursed fims without having to do odd jobs. FULL FOCUS. But I come from the land of obstacles not land of opportunities let’s keeps the excuses aside and focus on results.

I am embarrassed as you guys have made a living of your own money while I lived on my mother’s pension.

FILM-MAKING DERSEVES ME WORKING WITHOUT SLEEPING AT NIGHTS BUT MAKING ME TAKE LOAN ON MY GRANDMOTHER’S GOLD JEWELRY. WELL, THIS IS WHERE I SAY ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. FROM NOW ON I GET PAID FROM MY WORK OR WE PART WAYS.

THE US INDUSTRY PROS'S OPINION ABOUT MY WORK WILL PRETTY MUCH DECIDE THE FUTURE OF MY 10 YEAR HONEYMOON WITH FILM-MAKING

That’s my story.

Ace.inc1

Last edited:
Hodies RULE... you masons can clean your own dang boards next time :) 'cmon, take you 10 seconds to reach over and pick that brick up from the NEXT pile.. Lets see you throw a 15 pound shovel of mud over your head and hit a 2 foot square of wood without splashing a single spot on the wall!

As me old pop was fond to say..

Pick that up, now.. put it down.. good

Born into masonry, youngest of 5 sons for the crew.. never held a trowel on the job. Except the 12 inch variety with the 4 foot handle
(AKA a shovel)

Havent done it for 16 years now.. and couldn't be happier!

aside from that..

GuitarCenter PorAudio
Line Cook for Marriot
Grill Cook (interesting my first job anywhere near HIGH TECH was grill cook at MS campus.. ) two years later I was on the other side of the grill.. )
Bass player (god like in my time)
warehouse monkey
Fork Lift driver (several companies)
Lathe operator (one week, but it was fun)
Chop saw operator (cutting ReALLLy long pieces of aluminum of areo planes)
Side girder operator for wood stove manufacture(got a scar from that one!)
Student
Software Tester (anyone remember the MS NT ping of death!) I was in on that action (testing the fixes at MS)
Software Eng
Buildmeister

I've done masonry and concrete work. If it wasn't for guys like us, guys like the ones who work inside behins a desk for a living...wouldn't have a place to do it.

Wow, sounds like there's a lot of build work out there in the pre-film world!

I actually worked in a hospital cardiac cath lab (as in, the kind of place that does angioplasties and procedures like the one former President Clinton just had) for a few years after graduating college. That overlapped with filmmaking (not just time-wise - our most recent film, "Skin and Bone" is actually a narrative fiction that takes place in just such a hospital cardiac care unit) and now it's overlapped with me going back to school...

Still doing film, though, writing scripts and in pre-production for a summer break documentary...

I am selling copies of my film and writing my next script. It's very slow right now, but it's only been out for a month and a half. Just gonna have to bite the bullet, or maybe break out the tools again.

I hear ya. Our movie's been on our website for sale for less than a month, and I'm already getting antsy. Trying to find the proper way to market this and get the word out, and get some people to buy it who we don't actually know =) Meanwhile, doing some writing and studying in school - checking on how many site hits and all becomes an easy distraction...

Best of luck with your film!

Spotter at sports events
UPS
Busser at a restaurant
Sports broadcaster
D.J.
Computer hardware pickup and repair all over the country
ESPN
College student
Waiter
Tutor
College student again
Waiter again
Tutoring again
Teaching assistant
Writer

I might be missing some...:lol:

I've been an electrical engineer and now am a programmer for the State of Alaska. Movie making doesn't pay the mortgage yet so I have a day job. I've designed telecommunications systems for the north slope and programmed automation systems, accounting software and web based database applications. Film making is my passion right now and is more interesting then writing an application to put together invoices for time and expenses. my computer experience and engineering has come in handy for set building and 3d animation for my project though. project management translates to film making pretty well.

Most of my life has been doing Customer Service stuff-mainly call centers.

I worked a year at Famous Players at the beautiful(now demolished)Yonge and Bloor Uptown. That was by far my favorite job I've had. Was a percursor to my interest in movies.

I am in the beginning stages of a home Art/Media endeavor(writing, painting, drawing, photography) that keeps me occupied when I'm not working on my film. At least I hope it's a business, I guess it's more of a hobby at the moment.

Well, I haven't broke the tools back out, but I am now part time at CD Warehouse! LOL. What's really cool is that it's 5 minutes away from home. Can't beat that.

Also gives me time to write and prepare for my next venture.

I do Corporate training videos with a major online retailer. Not the most exciting job in the world, but it pays the bills and allows me to make videos (albeit not the ones I really want to be making, but making them non the less)

I worked as a sales representative for a small construction supply company in Ontario, Canada. The job was great money, but just didn't do it for me. I couldn't see myself doing a job I wasn't passionate about for the rest of my life, which I hope is a long time because I am only 23. With film, I have taken some jobs that I didn't completely enjoy, but once I got through the shoots, it was onto the next project. I love the fact that every opportunity can be something completely different, no mundane desk job day in and day out. Although, job security was a plus haha.

Back