Premiere Elements 10 vs Vegas 10 vs Others

Im partial to Premiere since i learned on it through my video class last year. But so many options so many verisions...i just want to get a solid video editing with HD options.

Adobe Premiere Elements 9 $63.40
Adobe Photoshop & Premiere Elements 9 (Win/Mac) [OLD VERSION] $79.99
Adobe Premiere Elements 10 Upgrade $79.99

Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 10 $64.99
Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 10 $45.88
Sony Creative Software Movie Studio HD Platinum Suite 11 V.11 $86.66

PowerDirector 9 Ultra - 64 $64.95
Corel VideoStudio Pro X4 $59.99
Corel VideoStudio Pro X4 Ultimate $86.99

One could go mad figuring all this out! :bang: Any one have personal experiences and reviews with these?? Also if you have experience on more than 1 can you explain the differences?

Last edited:
You should be getting Sound Forge with Sony Vegas for the suite.

Sony Vegas gives you special effects to do After Effects effects built in. The whole interface is closer to AVID as well.

You should get Photoshop with either Vegas or Premiere. It can make GREAT titles with both.

You should be getting Sound Forge with Sony Vegas for the suite.

Sony Vegas gives you special effects to do After Effects effects built in. The whole interface is closer to AVID as well.

You should get Photoshop with either Vegas or Premiere. It can make GREAT titles with both.

mmmmm......does it matter wich vegas verision i get? Please tell me its the Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 10 $45.88 lol cause i looked for Forge..LOL ouch! but Photoshop is awsome..but i might have to use the freeware verision for now.

What type of after effects are included...can i make eyes glow..day into night....???

still need a little feedback here...i have time but i want to make sure i pick up the right software for my needs.

I would avoid Vegas, simply because the industry tends to use either Final Cut or Premiere, so Vegas has been shunted into a different category. It's probably better to learn with Premiere Elements and then make the step up to Premiere Pro once you're ready. I just see Vegas as a bit of a dead end.

Special Effects: You can do glowing eyes in the dark. Just like After Effects, you have to track the movement of the live action for the glow to follow frame by frame.

The TV series Nightline is edited with Vegas Pro. There are a lot of popular music groups who have their music videos edited with Sony Vegas Pro.

When I bought the Sony Vegas Movie Studio Platinum Suite, Sony Sound Forge was included in the box. And, you can use it with Movie Studio and Sony Vegas Pro and launch it from within both. With Sound Forge, you can add plug-ins like Bias Sound Soap. And, you can do audio special effects such as audio pans and reverb. There are special templates to even make the audio sound like a dream.

I bought Sony Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 9 Suite just to get Sound Forge. Check the box to make such it is included.

Last edited:
Back