Premiere CC won't open with Intel hd4000?

Hi folks,

I decided after a nightmare day with fcp7 (gamma shift issues after exporting that I am fed up of) that I would move to premiere, especially as I have been thinking about tinkering with AE and the Adobe CC monthly package seems a good value when pricing up the 2 of them.

I am however already having issues.

I have a mac mini system with 16gb of ram and an intel HD4000 chip which ran FCP7 comfortably, however when I go to open premiere I get an error message saying to update my video display drivers. The problem with that is I can not for the life of me see any Mac drivers for the HD4000 online, thus currently leaving me with a monthly bill and no editing software.

Any help is hugely appreciated as I need to get on with my new showreel.

Kind regards.

I'm not up to speed with the latest changes in Adobe's offerings, but does it require CUDA now? If so you're probably SOL getting it to work on your mini.. even if you could get it to work it would likely be painfully slow.

Perhaps you should contact them about a refund, and check out lightworks in the meantime? (The mac version is in public beta now.. works rather well)

Thanks folks.

I would like to give it a run Will, I would rather have the extra functionality and experience of using premiere(thus furthering my employability) than have the speed. I will give it a try(about to look into CUDA) and if its just too slow to even use I will look into light works or go back to FCP7.

Thanks folks.

I would like to give it a run Will, I would rather have the extra functionality and experience of using premiere(thus furthering my employability) than have the speed. I will give it a try(about to look into CUDA) and if its just too slow to even use I will look into light works or go back to FCP7.

No CUDA or OpenGL required, just support added for Intel's Iris opengl

*Did you see the Qs above?

Last edited:
No other GFX mate and everything is updated from the drop down menu.

I will have another look into light works now

Fyi: that is how you update the video driver on a Mac, as the update must be prepped by Apple to conform to their proprietary EFI..
Sound like you've found your solution. Best of luck.

I wish I had, as I say there are no available updates in the drop down menu other than an iTunes one, this means the intel drivers must be upto date and the error message being caused by something else.

Perhaps my dual monitor setup is causing an issue?

I will have another look into light works now Will, how well does it interact with AE?
Well, it's not integrated at all like premiere would be.. but then neither are avid, vegas, or FCP and people work with AE and those all the time.

Basically, you'd render out the clip you want to work with in AE, in the highest quality you can manage working with, image sequences are good for this... do your AE work, render back out from there, and drop your finished AE rendered footage back into your project.

Thanks Will I'll look into it.

I have got it working now, turns out when I migrated everything from my old MBP to my Mini I brought with it the drivers from the nvidia card I had in the MBP, that meant Premiere was looking for an Nvidia card that wasn't there.I have deleted the Cuda framework and it now runs fine.

Back