Predictions on Dark Knight Rises.

Not definitive, but here's my predictions on how The Dark Knight Rises' story will go down.

1) Peace in Gotham after The Joker is stopped and Dent is labeled a hero. Gordon is doing a great job as commissioner, Bruce Wayne has a love triangle with Miranda Tate and Selina Kyle. Batman is still being hunted.
2) Bane arrives, blows everything up at a highly anticipated football game, and now Gotham is in panic of terrorism.
3) Bane states his intentions and that is to find Batman and destroy him and Gotham. He is fulfilling what Miranda Tate has hired him to do -- which is finish Ra's Al Ghul's plan in Batman Begins and kill the man who "killed" her father.
4) Gordon reveals that Batman never killed anyone, but Dent did and now he tells the police they need Batman's help, but he no shows because Bane has and his henchmen has stormed into Wayne Manor to kidnap Bruce Wayne. In the process, Bane murders Alfred with his brute strength (it will be unbearable to watch) and now has a bonified nemesis in Batman.
5) Now kidnapped, Bruce is beaten to a bloody pulp by Bane and he is forced to watch Gotham and everything he and his parents fought for burn to ashes. This is what Bane and Miranda wants.
6) UNTIL, Catwoman or Selina Kyle rescues Wayne from Bane's underground lair and revives Batman, who rallies the police force and stops Bane and his henchmen (who I'm guessing are members of the League of Shadows) with a vengenance in an epic street fight. While Catwoman and Miranda have their catfight elsewhere or in the area.
7) Batman and the cops wins, but before he stops/kills Bane -- Bane breaks Batman in half (not literally) and Batman can never walk the same ever again. He is injured for life and needs a cane to walk as Bruce Wayne.
8) Years later, Gordon is in his deathbed and Bruce Wayne pays him a visit. At this time, Batman has retired due to severe injury caused by Bane. Gordon, still Commissioner, tells Bruce -- who he now knows is Batman -- that Gotham is worse than ever and new, future evil is rising... Gotham needs Batman again.
9) This is when old Bruce finds Terry McGinnis to be the new Batman and sets up a new franchise called THE DARK KNIGHT BEYOND. Lol. Or not. Whatever the title, the next franchise will no longer have Nolan as Director. Bale will no longer be Batman, but that doesn't mean he can't be old Bruce Wayne.

That's my predictions. What about you? :tongue:

Last edited:
Prediction: Bruce Wayne gets killed as Batman, Commissioner Gordan somehow takes his place.

It's a long shot, but hey, it's a possibility haha

I predict I will go see it. I will enjoy Hardy's performance as Bane. I will giggle at shots of Pittsburgh that I recognize. I will see it once in the theater, and buy it when it comes out on DVD. I also predict I will spend at least one weekend drinking adult beverages and watching all three movies in a row.

I predict that lots of people will be talking about it online. There will be a large hype/fanboy contingent claiming it is the best movie ever. There will be a large hype-backlash/"it's popular so now it sucks" contingent claiming Nolan has "jumped the shark" without knowing what that phrase really means. I predict that no matter what side of the fence people are on, everyone will agree it was better than Batman and Robin. I predict avoiding conversations about the film while in a comic book shop is probably for the best ;)

Either way, I predict that, at least as far as the internet is concerned, it will be the most talked about film this summer.

As the next installment after one of the most successful hollywood films to-date I think that it will do great in the box office and be on almost everyone's lips. However, I still have my doubts that it will surpass The Dark Knight.

Christopher Nolan is one of my favorite directors, but I really didn't think much of Batman Begins. The Dark Knight was fantastic, but a lot of that came from Heath Ledger's performance. Being a Pittsburgh local and having watched Nolan himself direct some of the scenes with Anne Hathaway directly below my third story apartment on Smithfield Street, I will definitely enjoy the movie.

I still think it will probably be over-hyped. Although, they are doing a pretty good job so far at not creating a lot of hype too early on.

I just want to know who else will be in it...just Bane and Catwoman??

IMDB lists Liam Neeson returning as Ra's Al Ghul, but who knows if it will be a big role, flashback or a little continuity nod type cameo. Can't wait to find out!

IMDB lists Liam Neeson returning as Ra's Al Ghul, but who knows if it will be a big role, flashback or a little continuity nod type cameo. Can't wait to find out!

In my opinion, bringing him back to life would be kinda silly. So that, in combination with this article, makes me think it's in the form of a flashback.

Good quote in that article, and leads me to agree with you. Besides, Nolan is trying to keep Batman a little more grounded in reality. That said, Ra's has come back from the dead a couple times in the comics, so it wouldn't be entirely out of line if it happened.

But that's all academic. Flashback seems likely.

Back