• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Pre-T3i for Post-prod.

Hey Guys, I have a question for some of you.

As you know, the T3i has a whole bunch of settings to use and that you can adjust. What I want to know, from people who have the experience in this, is; Do you guys perfer to mess around with the settings adjustments(i.e. Choosing landscape, then adjusting its contrast, sharpness, saturation & color tone) OR do you perfer to just use the standard settings of the settings(i.e. Choosing landscape, then leaving all the contrast, sharpness, saturation, & color tone to their standard settings and not adjusting them) OR do some of you fellows perfer just shooting in all Auto, then editing in post?

What I just want to know is, what do you guys perfer for your post-production, and what makes the best image quality for you. I know I should just try them all out to learn experience, and I will, but I just want to know what works for other T3i owners.

P.S. What programs do you use, that you feel works the best? I have the Adobe apps and FCP, cinema, color, etc.

Thanks in advance.

I really hope you borrowed this equipment, because it sounds like you just dove $3000-4000 into a project without having a clue, no offense :no:

To answer your question, professional shooters film with as little "artificial influence" as possible from the camera. also with very low contrast. This allows for greater flexibility when editing in post.

I highly recommend signing for ww.Lynda.com for a month ($25) and going nuts on all of their video production training videos. It really is the single greatest resource for learning the technical basics (and even advanced techniques) available for the money.

Back