PowerDVD Vs. Nero for Blu-Ray

My new computer is up and running. But, I will have to replace the VGA cable with a DVI cable for Blu-Ray playback. The Blu-Ray player software cannot verify licensing of Blu-Ray discs without a digital cable and VGA is analog. But, the new computer is a rocket compared to my old stuff.

I loaded in my new store copies of Adobe Premiere, PhotoShop, Cisco Network Magic (to put it on my network), PowerDVD suite, and Nero Suite. Everyone seems to be using a new system for keycodes on the Internet to validate new software on computers. Adobe, PowerDVD, and Nero are all the same now.

So far, I tried to play a Blu-Ray movie, but cannot until I can get a DVI cable. And, Nero is burning the first Blu-Ray H264 version of I, Creator 2 - GOTH. I wanted to try with PowerDVD, but their software only authors DVDs. And the defaults are a 4:3 screen for NTSC. It can be changed over to a 16:9 screen. But, no HD or Blu-Ray authoring support. It's a good thing I was able to get Nero as well. The Nero interface is similar to its' older versions, with easy to find menus and options.

Over the next year or two, I hope to be adding more software to this system as I've said before with the latest versions of Sony Vegas and AVID Media Creator with Protools. If it is possible, I will even look into specialty Vfx packages and plug-ins for science fiction productions because they are out there offering broadcast quality effects.

The Bu-Ray HD files are rendering as fast as my Dual Core Laptop can render NTSC files for standard DVDs. So, the new computer is impressive.

I will playback the disc on my Blu-Ray player with my TV set for the time being.

But, I hope my testimony on PowerDVD and Nero for Blu-Ray is helpful to other members here.

A lot of software got installed with Premiere, including way more camera importing options than the old version, including RED. But I like having competitors software because each competitor have something better than everyone else in one feature. So, I choose to get as many as possible.

Vegas has DVD Architect and that has certain DVD authoring features that are good for certain DVDs and Nero has better features for other types of DVDs.

VegVega

Back