PLEASE HELP ME FOR MY CAMERA PLEASE

Hello Im only 15 and now Ill take a camera to start shooting my short films..I was considering of getting Canon 1100D ,but It's about 800 dollars and I think I cant afford em.. Now Im not sure what to do .. I wanted to take Canon cuz it shots really good and I can take pictures as well ,but it seems that it's too much..can you guys PLEASE tell me some cheap cameras which are good for beginers ?

A - Since US$800 is a bit high, what is your 'sensible' high range? $500? $350?
B - Are you pretty sure you want to go the DSLR route? Need the interchangeable lenses and such?
C - What video editing software were you planning on using?
D - Do you have separate audio recording gear? For some decent filmmaking being tethered to the onboard camera mic is a pretty limiting factor.

Don't buy a camera yet. If you have an idea of a short you wanna shoot, go to NATFA (НАТФИЗ) in Sofia and talk to the cinematography students. They are very enthusiastic when it comes to shooting stuff. They also have cameras. :)

Национална академия за театрално и филмово изкуство..

класс. везет!

English: national academy of theatrical and film art.
Cool. Lucky!

Last edited:
You know, though it doesn't give the ability to switch lenses in and out, I love my Canon HF10. Great picture, very portable. You can achieve shallow DOF by using some work arounds which work well enough for me. Best part, I bought mine used for $300.

Get what you can comfortably afford and learn on it. Once you know that you know you want to do this, then worry about an expensive camera.

Then if you get a more expensive camera, use the old one for importing mini dv tape or better yet, now you are a two-camera set up!

....start with an affordable camera..... :yes:

-- spinner :cool:

Get what you can comfortably afford and learn on it. Once you know that you know you want to do this, then worry about an expensive camera.

Then if you get a more expensive camera, use the old one for importing mini dv tape or better yet, now you are a two-camera set up!

....start with an affordable camera..... :yes:

:yes::yes:

Don't wait. Get a camera, now.

Used miniDV will totally do the trick. Make sure you get one that has

- manual focus
- manual exposure
- external audio input

Should be able to find on on ebay for a few hundred bucks or less.

Back