• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Please, could someone help me with this translation?

Hey guys,

I am going to publish a longer synopsis of my film "Shared Pains" on the film website and crowdfunding sites, but I am not a native English speaker so, I am asking 2 favors, please: =D

1. Please read the synopsis and help me write it correct.

2. What do you think about this story?

The film is current on preproduction.

Here is the text:

Marcos is a very successful man and is married to Carol. One day, when at home, Marcos gets a call from Carol's sister with the news that Carol died after being hit by a car.

This news deeply shakes the life of Marcos, who leaves home, without heading, to seek relief to his pain. Marcos then goes to a bar where he end up with a fight and is put out after getting hurt. Not being able to return home, he passes the night in a precarious hotel.

By morning, Marcos is found unconscious by the hotel manager. The hotel manager helps Marcos to wake up. He leaves the hotel and has some hallucinations of his wife's death while walking down the street.

During his hallucinations, Marcos is also hit by a car, but survives. So he looks for a place where he can get some food and meets a homeless man who left home due to alcoholism.

After his unsuccessful attempts to get food, Marcos will stop in a square, and there has an unfriendly meeting with Froid, a homeless man who inhabits the place. Later he discovers that Froid suffers from strong hallucinations due to schizophrenia.

While Marcos rests, a man comes to ask him about a missing son, this man is Antonio, who ends up getting a trusting relationship with Marcos and discover the reasons why he got there.

Compassionate, Antonio wants to help Marcos to resume his life. Still, Marcos insists on remain living in the square until he overcomes the loss of his wife.

During this time, Marcos will go through a strong learning about the life on the streets and see the difficulties faced by Froid, which loses more of his consciousness each day.

The meeting of these three people who share the same pain will give each one a different way to face the difficulties.

Thanks!

Okay, I'll take a stab at it. Not having read the script, this is just an approximation of what I gathered about your story:

After losing his wife to a tragic car accident, Marcos, a once successful business man, leaves home to seek relief from his emotional pain. His precarious path leads him to a bar where he attempts to drown in his sorrows. But his pain worsens, emotions explode, and a fight ensues. Physically beaten and unable to return home, he passes the night in a seedy hotel.

A new day dawns, and it is checkout time. The hotel manager finds Marcos unconscious in his room and helps him back to his feet. Still dazed, Marcos leaves, walking the streets, haunted by visions of his wife’s death. Then his hallucinations suddenly become real as he, too, is hit by a car. But unlike his wife, he survives.

Hungry and broken both emotionally and physically, Marcos wanders aimlessly as best he can, looking for something to eat. His journey takes him into the world of the homeless where a chance encounter puts him face to face with an alcoholic, also forced from his home due to his drinking problems, and another man, Froid, who suffers from strong hallucinations and schizophrenia. The initial encounter in the market square does not go well. But Marcos refuses to leave.

Destitute and still hungry, Marcos meets Antonio. Antonio’s son is missing. Together they form a trusting relationship, and a compassionate Antonio wants to help Marcos regain his life, but Marcos, still reeling from his emotional pain, does not want to leave the market square.

Life on the streets is not easy. And together, these three men, Marcos, Antonio, and Froid, who loses more of his consciousness each day, face their difficulties.

Last edited:
Back