Piecing together a crew......

Hey everyone.... I'm trying to put together a crew for my feature but don't know too many people in the industry anymore. I left all of this behind to do music production for 10 yrs and now I'm back and can't locate my old buddies anymore! *cries* lol, just kidding.

So, how do you usually put together your crew?

Thanks

Networking? Asking people on IndieTalk?...all that jaz.

I wouldn't really know that well, I just put all my friends in my short, i didn't have to search very hard at all...

check film departments at local schools.. Jersey isn't too far from NY, There's plenty of film students there that might be interested.

That's true, Will, but I should warn you, the politics involved with film/video schools are heavy. Usually they will make you prove insurance, talk with the head of the dept. etc.

Oddly enough though, thats how I got my most recent key grip position on a DV feature was by one of the producers coming to the school, getting shot down, and I was the only one who got to talk to the producer at the school (right place at the right time I guess!).

I just finished our first project and had an easy time finding actors, harder time finding technical people. We hooked up with local stage people and found pretty quickly that everyone knew everyone and once word got out based on a strong script, we had lots of people trying to get in front of the camera. They also knew people who knew people who knew people...I'd start with either professional or community theater and rebuild your network. www.Craiglist.org has postings as well, might be other folks in your area looking for involvement.

Back