• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Picking Up camera again. Best camera?

I'm thinking of taking charge of camera myself. I used to shoot 16mm for myself and other students back in the day. Now I like the idea of taking camera back I just need the right one. I will have a 1st AC and a G&E grip or two. I'd like a 24p movie look as if shot with primes. Lighting is to be minimal very noir and available light. We are shooting one room location, and a number of exterior woods. So any thoughts on this and camera suggestions?

I've been asking myself this same question.

I'm getting a hefty chunk of change back from tax returns and I am going to invest in a hpx 170. They're around 4+ grand. Going to also pick up either Letus Extreme lens mount or Cinemek 35mm lens adapter. Not quit sure on the adapters as of yet. All in all I'll probably invest 7 grand in my camera package alone. My oh My:no:

Anyways, best thing to do is go to youtube or vimeo, type the model of camera you are looking for and the lens adapter you want to use. 9 out of 10 times you will find someone who used that same set up and posted videos. You can get a pretty good idea of the different looks the cam/adapter combos can achieve.

Hopefully that will give you an idea.

Best,
The Opus Fuller

Last edited by a moderator:
Back