Phase One

finally complete!

The easy bit, developed/locked sp into (hopefully) a doable story. Now the hard bit - raise finance to produce.

Although limited in experience I do have a seasoned guy in the wings to exec but as a hired hand I need to generate seed money to get him involved and the ball rolling.

However, I still intend to target 3 weeks in October for the HD shoot with a six-figure budget.

It'll be tough for sure but doable with the right energy and personnel involved.

Shot in one location within the London area; the actual story is in New York - yes with yank accents too! :cool:

I shall use "up & coming" talent in front and behind the lens with a splattering of wise owls in major positions - so if any European, (or others w/permission to work in UK) guys/girls want to pm me their info/reels etc. please feel free to do so. Obviously at this stage absolutely no promises can be made so please don't take any offence - I'm just putting the word out there to get a feel for who's available and potential future costs for said involvement.

Cheers guys, much respect - Jim.
(ps I shall produce so need a director too!)

Last edited:
Good to see thinks coming together Jim!

I'm at university in October but if you need a pair of eyes, hands or noses (yes, I have two) during pre-production don't be afraid to ask!

:)

Work on your shooting script, story boards and preproduction as that will assist you in putting together an actual budget. See if you can attach a few of your "wise owls" as that will led you more credibility. Investors love hard numbers and knowing that their money will be spent wisely, and knowing that there will be experienced folks "running the show".

Good Luck!!!

Does an American need special permission to spend three weeks in the Motherland shooting a movie? Couldn't I just say I'm on vacation?

Regardless of the above inquiry, good luck!

I highly doubt you'll get in any trouble, C Man. Americans do that kind of stuff all the time because we have it real easy as far as tourist visas go.

Not that you'd have any hope of getting a working visa for the UK at the moment, anyway.

Nick, thanks for your offer, gone into the diary.
AA, great advice, will do.
CF, I need to keep street legal - sorry.
DL, I'll cast a cpl. 'faces' to get investment - straight game.

Thanks guys for your interest, Jim.

Back