PFTrack

Finally got a copy of PFTrack! Really happy, but wait! I open it to find out it's really minimalist and hard to use! I'm still really excited to finally throw in a pimpin' Apache longbow into a news cast! That's all I'm excited for! But there are all these tutorial, but I need help on finding one, or two for, PFTrack+Cinema 4D+FCP7+Motion! The Motion is just a conversion thing so I can shove the final product into a logo generator, but The first three are important. Any help?! Thanks,
Hunter.

Where are you getting stuck?
The big things are to make sure your footage and CG are the same FPS.

Import your footage into PFtrack and track it. You'll need to export the track data to something C4D can import (.LWS?)

Open the .lws project, it should match the footage FPS, resolution and pixel aspect. If any of these are off the track will be off.

Make a new material using the footage and assign it to the background.

Import your models and do your animation.

Render your animation (without the background) with the original footage attributes.

Composite.

If it looks off in C4D, move all the keyframes ahead one frame. C4D starts at frame 0, not 1.

It's actually quite easy to use!
Here, I used this tutorial:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8mPEqX8EsQ

But still, I'm having a problem. I'm a 3ds max user, and the footage and geometry look pretty well together, but when I render, and compose in AE, the motion does not match the one in my video.

I think when I get back to work, I'll go over to the 3D people next door. We don't really work together, but I guess there's always a first... They're all PC though, and the Studio is all Mac, so will there be a problem?

Back