• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch OYSTER: The Story of A Super Human

It's an interesting concept... it can be explored further and be very effective. Multiple locations would make it really cool, different landscapes, fully make use of his teleportation ability. The concept is strong, but technically the film is poorly made. The sound is really bad... there are hisses and breaks, and the voice-over is muffled at times, plus you can hear sounds of cars passing by very clearly, and also see cars moving in the background in some scenes.

The concept can be really deep though... I don't know if you were going for this sort of thing, but it's pretty much a god-like situation. He has all this power, but no one to share it with and show what he can do. Almost how god must have been like before he created mankind, lonely and just playing around with his powers. Power doesn't really mean anything if you're alone... it can be very cool, if you fully exploit that concept.

Good luck!

This makes me want to see more of where the character goes and this is the reason why - the final moments where he has the discussion with his double (his inner self?) where they say:

"...aren't you lonely?"
"You should know better than anybody. This is everything I ever dreamed of."
"That may be true but wouldn't it be nice to spend time with someone besides me?"
"It's not an option. Besides like I said, I'm happy"

I think the character needs to be challenged so in a sequel it would be interesting to see him meet someone else that has survived that will make him ponder more about whether it really is good to be by yourself.

There are some minor technical things that need correction or taken into account on your next projects:

1) frame wobble - there are some moments where there is a bit of a wobble and I'm not sure exactly how it's caused but it was a little bit distracting.

2) Between two shots there was a black screen that flashed up - this is something small and it only happens twice but it's something to be mindful of when editing. This occurs at 4:55 and 5:11.

3) A glitch occurs between the frames as he re-appears after teleportation.

Technical glitches aside this short is well done. I would like to see further exploration of the character's outlook on his situation as well as more conversations with his double/inner self too.

Nice shots, not Lord of the Rings, but it gets the point across. The whole time I was waiting for an inciting incident, a story, anything. I was expecting him to meet another survivor, and considering the premise that seems like the only logical move. The good news is this is a good start, and you can always add a storyline to this introduction.

Back