• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch "Out of Context" - First video

Hey IndieTalk!

I haven't been as active as I would have liked over the last month or so, but it's just been busy, busy as most can probably relate.

Each production I make I try to improve, and this one is no different. I'd really appreciate any feedback on this video regarding anything really. My biggest nemesis seems to be a combination of audio quality and video noise/quality. Of course video is mainly technical video limitations and whatnot. The audio, I'm not sure what the problem is. I just never seem to get "great" vocals no matter how I adjust the EQ. I monitor while recording, set the mic as close as possible, aimed towards the adam's apple, or wherever sound best when monitoring.

Gear used:
Canon 7D, used at 400-800iso depending on light, 1080 24p
Canon 15-85 EF-S, used at 3.5 to 5.6 aperture, usually run wide open
Rode VideoMic Pro plugged into a Zoom H1, recorded at 320kbps MP3 (I could and should start recording WAV?)
800W 5500k 24" x 18" softboxes w/CFL bulbs (up to 3)
Nexxtech Tripod
DIY Tripod Dolly

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imYIZ2agtRU

Thanks!

Buff guy in the hat reminded me of Julian from Trailer Park Boys.

Audio seemed fine to me, could have been just a tad bit louder, but it did the job.

Liked the concept, pretty funny situations.

Thanks for the critique :)

I think my major issue with the audio is pretty much summed up in how you state it: "fine."

I would like to get my vocal tracks sounding "great," but it seems no amount of effort in the recording stage or post production gives me a result I'm truly happy with. Maybe I just have no idea what I'm doing. :lol:

Back