• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Ori-Sight Short Film

Link: https://vimeo.com/82053194

When is reality TV too real?

A short Sci-Fi drama created Independently with an extremely low-budget.

Directed By: Ibrahim Hodroj
Original Screenplay By: Chris Ossman
Adapted Screenplay: Yehia Rashid
Produced By: Ibrahim Hodroj
Director Of Photography: Adham Zahran - Ibrahim Hodroj
Edited By: Ibrahim Hodroj
Sound By: Ziad Ahmed
Prop Maker: Ziad Ahmed

Would really appreciate some feedback on the film, what you thought was the good points and what were the weak ones.

Awaiting your replies,

Thanks

hey man i thought it was pretty good...i liked the concept a lot and the story was written well..it gave great visuals that helped the story transition very fluidly..all in all good picture

This was a great short. It did what a really good short does - makes you want to find out what happens next.

It established a world that in many ways is basically where we are at now in terms of how society has become absorbed and fascinated by watching reality television to the point of addiction. The only thing that sets apart our reality and the one presented in this short is the Ori-Sight device.

What you have captured here is a small window into the potential positive and negative aspects of this technology if it were available in our reality.

The way in which the father sets up the machine, how his wife and son are watching it being set up - this all feels real and the acting is genuine because it's the same way any other type of electronic piece of equipment is examined by those setting it up to use.

The implications of this device are quite scary from a physical well-being point of view as well as a psychological point of view because it makes one think about things like, "What if someone could read my thoughts and invade my dreams?" and the way in which the fluid is intravenously administered alludes to this being kind of like an experience you'd get from using drugs.

Overall this was a great short that came across as very realistic and that is helped by the actors, the way it's filmed and the fact that what this short proposes isn't that far from reality. This is intelligent science fiction that doesn't require flashy visuals to be effective because the concept is conveyed strongly. The visual effects of the Ori-Sight device in action is an added bonus.

Last edited:
as a series its enough and correct.

as a short this ending doesnt make sense or leaves too much out in my opinion, also i didnt like the colouring its too pastey for my liking.

also the dads reaction was unrealistic when the mum said about what the neighbours had seen.

overall it was ok but i felt let down by the sound design it could have enhanced my experience more, theres too many things that the sound was left out of that could have made this really really nice, but for me it let it down quite a bit.

This was a great short. It did what a really good short does - makes you want to find out what happens next.

It established a world that in many ways is basically where we are at now in terms of how society has become absorbed and fascinated by watching reality television to the point of addiction. The only thing that sets apart our reality and the one presented in this short is the Ori-Sight device.

What you have captured here is a small window into the potential positive and negative aspects of this technology if it were available in our reality.

The way in which the father sets up the machine, how his wife and son are watching it being set up - this all feels real and the acting is genuine because it's the same way any other type of electronic piece of equipment is examined by those setting it up to use.

The implications of this device are quite scary from a physical well-being point of view as well as a psychological point of view because it makes one think about things like, "What if someone could read my thoughts and invade my dreams?" and the way in which the fluid is intravenously administered alludes to this being kind of like an experience you'd get from using drugs.

Overall this was a great short that came across as very realistic and that is helped by the actors, the way it's filmed and the fact that what this short proposes isn't that far from reality. This is intelligent science fiction that doesn't require flashy visuals to be effective because the concept is conveyed strongly. The visual effects of the Ori-Sight device in action is an added bonus.

"PhantomScreenwriter: i dont know what to say really! but this is for me is the best film analysis or critique i ever got for any of my work and especially for Ori-Sight. Loved how you easily divided it into sections in terms of the concept and storytelling, and am actually heartened by you feedback and really glad that you liked and appreciated Ori-Sight. Thanks you very much for the great message. :)

as a series its enough and correct.

as a short this ending doesnt make sense or leaves too much out in my opinion, also i didnt like the colouring its too pastey for my liking.

also the dads reaction was unrealistic when the mum said about what the neighbours had seen.

overall it was ok but i felt let down by the sound design it could have enhanced my experience more, theres too many things that the sound was left out of that could have made this really really nice, but for me it let it down quite a bit.

Hey 8salacious9, Thanks for your feedback i really appreciate it and looking forward to hear your thoughts on how the sound design could have enhanced the Film.
Let me know if you have any ideas or thoughts about it.

Thanks alot and looking forward your input.

"PhantomScreenwriter: i dont know what to say really! but this is for me is the best film analysis or critique i ever got for any of my work and especially for Ori-Sight. Loved how you easily divided it into sections in terms of the concept and storytelling, and am actually heartened by you feedback and really glad that you liked and appreciated Ori-Sight. Thanks you very much for the great message. :)

That's okay Ibrahim I am more than happy to give detailed feedback for this short, and for other shorts I view. It makes it better for the filmmaker so there's something for them to go on :)

Back