Ordered new edit rig...

hi all,
I just put in my order for my custom built editing rig. Pick up on Tuesday next week. bragging I guess..:D

Intel i7-990x CPU (6 cores, 12 with HT, 3.5GHz)
Asus Sabertooth X58 Mother Board
24GB DDR3 RAM
1TB Boot and system hard drive
2 x 1TB hard drives configured in RAID0 for 1tb blazing fast project disk.
Empty Vantec EZ Swap 4. Tray less hard drive rack (for backup\archiving projects off line onto SATA HD's)
Nvidia GeForce GTX570 HD (1.2G ram)
Internal Card Reader
Win7 Pro 64bit

hi all,
I just put in my order for my custom built editing rig. Pick up on Tuesday next week. bragging I guess..:D

Intel i7-990x CPU (6 cores, 12 with HT, 3.5GHz)
Asus Sabertooth X58 Mother Board
24GB DDR3 RAM
1TB Boot and system hard drive
2 x 1TB hard drives configured in RAID0 for 1tb blazing fast project disk.
Empty Vantec EZ Swap 4. Tray less hard drive rack (for backup\archiving projects off line onto SATA HD's)
Nvidia GeForce GTX570 HD (1.2G ram)
Internal Card Reader
Win7 Pro 64bit
Well, I'm jealous.

Why no solid state drives?

Best editing rig ever:
MacPro - OSx Snow Leopard, Final Cut Pro 7!
2 - 2.93GHz 6-core Intel Xeon "Westmere" (12 cores)
64GB of Ram (8x8)
4 - 512GB SSD (Instant everything)
Two ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB
2 - 18x SuperDrives
6 - 27" Apple LED cinema displays with all the adapters and such. (3 for the timeline!)

It's only $21,616! WITH FREE SHIPPING!

Let's just say that my previous employer, (The Great State of Nevada), thought it was an improper use of money and turned down my request to purchase one on the ground of, "The instant rendering and processing capabilities will not save enough time, to save enough money to refund the total cost of the system within the legally allowed ten (10) years for money saving proposals such as this. On top of that, Apple Computer's computers are currently incompatible with our networks and other media systems."

I could get those at employee prices too, but the capacity per dollar just isn't there..
Yeah, they're pretty pricy, but the speed, man. You may think your RAID array is quick but it's got nothing on SSD. Plus, SSD doesn't have the drawbacks that RAID arrays have. A single 120GB SSD should be enough for the OS and major applications.

Can't wait until they completely replace HDDs.

Best editing rig ever:
MacPro - OSx Snow Leopard, Final Cut Pro 7!
2 - 2.93GHz 6-core Intel Xeon "Westmere" (12 cores)
64GB of Ram (8x8)
4 - 512GB SSD (Instant everything)
Two ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB
2 - 18x SuperDrives
6 - 27" Apple LED cinema displays with all the adapters and such. (3 for the timeline!)

It's only $21,616! WITH FREE SHIPPING!

Let's just say that my previous employer, (The Great State of Nevada), thought it was an improper use of money and turned down my request to purchase one on the ground of, "The instant rendering and processing capabilities will not save enough time, to save enough money to refund the total cost of the system within the legally allowed ten (10) years for money saving proposals such as this. On top of that, Apple Computer's computers are currently incompatible with our networks and other media systems."
And here I thought wheatgrinder's rig was overkill...

That's a caricature of me winning an oscar for sound mixing.

The last one was a photo of a hummingbird I took.

I have it on auto-change and it swaps through my iPhoto gallery if you must know.

Wheat - I'm jealous. I should have come seen you when I was in Cannon Beach last month!

no doubt, we were in canon beach on several occasions last month.. hey.. make it up to me and rent me your beach house for a couple days next week.. seriously. I have vacation and no plans except to see Antihero on Thursday.

Back