• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Optical Flares: 25% off is it worth it from VCP?

Video copilot currently have a 25% off sale which is pretty decent considering most of their tutorials, even the four year old ones still have not dropped in price.

Element 3D is not really my thing, it's fun but I can't justify it. I'm certainly going to be purchasing Action Essentials as it has been on my list for a long time. (And coz I can't cut myself short I'm going with the 2K).

Optical Flares is my big question. Is it worth it just to chuck in a fake flare? I certainly don't want to miss this opportunity but I don't want to spend it on something ill rarely use.

Has anyone here got it and thinks it is worth it for an actual short film?

For anyone interested in this I believe the deal finishes tomorrow, it is on all Video Copilot products

Deals are always coming up so dont panic! TupeTape is a VCP partner and they have VCP product sales at least once a quarter.

Action essentials 2 is pretty great. Depending on what your doing, you might spend the same money on a RedGiant product, but then again, colorista free and AE is about all you need. RedGiant does have academic pricing, something you should get when ever you can.

Deals are always coming up so dont panic! TupeTape is a VCP partner and they have VCP product sales at least once a quarter.

Action essentials 2 is pretty great. Depending on what your doing, you might spend the same money on a RedGiant product, but then again, colorista free and AE is about all you need. RedGiant does have academic pricing, something you should get when ever you can.

Any thoughts on optical flares?

Back