Opinions of Giggleshorts Festival?

Is anyone familiar with this festival in Toronto? Reason I'm asking is because I submitted a short to them and never heard anything. Eventually, they post a bunch of screening times on their website, and I don't see my film listed. No big deal, I assume the film wasn't selected.

Now 3 days before the fest starts in Toronto, I get an e-mail from the director of the festival (a form letter basically), saying my film was selected and that I get two free passes to the festival (which starts Wed). So right now, I'm not sure how I feel.

1. Has the film really been selected? Why isn't it on the schedule on-line? Was the email from the director a mistake?

2. Why the heck did they wait so long to notify me? I'm pretty much not going to the festival, because I just don't have enough time to make plans to travel. Plus, I'd hate to show up in Toronto, find out my film wasn't actually selected, and not actually have passes to the festival waiting for me.

Anyway, I wrote the festival director back to hopefully get some answers, but I thought I would see if anyone on the forum had been to or had a film in this festival before. If so, what was your impression?

Back