Ok IT GH2ers, or GH1ers...

So long story short - a long, long, long time ago (earlier this year) I was waiting for my GH2 that I ordered from Amazon.com. I waited and waited and just the day before its official delivery date...

they said "sorry, dude but you're gonna have to wait some more."

I was unhappy but trying to be reasonable and asked "but how much longer shall I wait?"

To which they responded "another 2 months, maybe, we can't guarantee that it will be in by then either. Sorry, good customer, dude."

OK so now I was pissed. I know it was not their fault but I'm human, so sue me. Anywho, I quickly made peace with my inner pissness applied my monies to a 60D (aka Wynona - yes I am a Farscape super fanboy and I am proud of it!) and I really do like this camera.

In anticipation of my GH2 that never came, I did buy a four-pack of DMW-BLB13 Lumix batteries. I contemplated keeping them thinking I'd get a GH2 down the road but that's unlikely any time soon. I contemplated selling them but I always thought I could do something better, much better with them. So that brings us to this post (which you are reading and probably going - what is this rambling crap and why do I care?)

Here's why...I'm giving them away. Yup, for free. PM me your mailing info and as long as it does not cost me an arm and a leg or some additional hassle, they're yours. I would certainly hope that those who have and can afford would make way for those who are really stretching their budget. But that's up to you and your inner pissness to decide. I am just trying to give back in the spirit of a site that has given me so much for, well, almost free (I mean I did pay for membership - by choice, I know, I know).

So there you have it IT GH2ers and such.

So Amazon.com screws me once again?!?!? I mean I should have done a bit more research and stuff but I was so amped up about getting a GH2 and stuff. Plus their site made it sound like it was the battery of choice and stuff.

My inner pissness is getting pissed again.

Well sorry GH2ers for the false alarm. GH1ers? Any of you out there? Or heck, anyone...anyone who is still interested - these batteries are yours.

Thanks for the education SinEater.

Last edited:
So Amazon.com screws me once again?!?!? I mean I should have done a bit more research and stuff but I was so amped up about getting a GH2 and stuff. Plus their site made it sound like it was the battery of choice and stuff.

My inner pissness is getting pissed again.

Well sorry GH2ers for the false alarm. GH1ers? Any of you out there? Or heck, anyone...anyone who is still interested - these batteries are yours.

Thanks for the education SinEater.

Sorry, I thought he was saying that wasn't the GH1 battery, so I've already PM'd you then! I'll definitely take them. :D

Sorry to hear about your troubles. Glad you did find a good camera and....

Anywho, I quickly made peace with my inner pissness applied my monies to a 60D (aka Wynona - yes I am a Farscape super fanboy and I am proud of it!) and I really do like this camera.

That is frelling awesome!

Sorry, I thought he was saying that wasn't the GH1 battery, so I've already PM'd you then! I'll definitely take them. :D

DONE! Sorry everyone but we have a taker and the batteries go to, cameron!

Sorry to hear about your troubles. Glad you did find a good camera and....

That is frelling awesome!

Sweet! yeah for a second I was farbot as amazon.com was a mjor pain in my yima! http://www.indietalk.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

Oops, that's GH1 only battery, disregard my pm, thanks though, and if need be, I can take that 60d off your hands too! What else ya got?

Wynona?!?! Sorry brian, but she's staying put for the time being. I got you on the next go around though.

Back