Offset Shoulder Mounts, where?

AG-AC90_Eris.jpg

I've recently purchased this Panasonic AG-AC90, and on the website there is a picture of this shoulder mount. It is a an CS-ERIS (http://www.holdan.eu/Cambo/Camera+Support/CS-ERIS#tab=description).

I am looking to purchase something SIMILAR to this $3000 dollar offset rig. I cannot afford something that expensive, seeing as I just purchased a new camera for $2200. Is there something similar in the market?

Thanks,

Mike Roi
@michaelroi

Fancier Studios make a tonne of cheap shouldermount gear for DSLR cameras, on top of the rest. Here's a rig of theirs I actually own: linkage

As you can see by the price, it's very cheap. You also get what you pay for, with many plastic parts. That being said, I've been using it for over a year and it's still kickin'. I broke a plastic knob off, but it came with a few spares. I'm sure they have a model similar to what you posted.

Another lo-end brand is Opteka (I have several of their goodies, as well). Here's one of their shouldermount models which looks quite similar to the image you actually posted: linkage

To choose between Opteka & Fancier? - I'd go with Opteka.

You can definitely avoid the $3000 pricetag you saw. Get gear within your means, or rent/borrow it for just when it's needed otherwise. :cool:

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Mike - sadly, you may have a challenge shipping to Canada from amazon.com. You might want to try these similar models from amazon.ca:

Pro Steady DSLR Camera Rig with Dual Handles with Shoulder Support For Digital SLR and Camcorders, $126.90CDN

Cowboy Studio Camcorder Shoulder Mount Rig Support Rail System Steadycam Steady for DSLR DV HDV, $175.84CDN

I have bought a lot of products from Fancier, Cowboy Studio, Opteka, etc. and have been completely satisfied. It's not Zacuto - but the stuff works and is good value for money.

Hope this is helpful,

Bill

Back