• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch OBSESSED FELLA .... an independant short one

You know, you have grammatical errors in all of your title cards.

If you aren't committed enough to fix simple problems like that, how can you expect me to invest 13 minutes of my life in your short film?

You know, you have grammatical errors in all of your title cards.

If you aren't committed enough to fix simple problems like that, how can you expect me to invest 13 minutes of my life in your short film?

Have you ever made a short film in a language that is not native to you? I would think grammatical errors would run rampant for most of us, if in the same shoes.

That being said, since you mention it, if one wants their film to attract an audience whose native language is the same as that being used in the film, then yeah, it'd probably be a good idea to consult with a native-speaker for error-checking.

Yeah, I might have been too harsh.

But even so, things like proper spacing and placement of commas should not be especially difficult for non-native speakers. It's just a matter of proofreading, man!

dude you guys are being a little harsh...spelling is spelling...he uploaded it online for youtube...im sure when he wants to distribute something of his that he will be more cautious....on a real note though...i watched your short, what camera did you use? lighting? sound equipt? Im not sure if this is supposed to be a comedy, but there were some pretty funny parts, especially when amie smarts scene is cutoff and the fool is yelling shit, goddamnit....pretty funny

Yeah, I might have been too harsh.

But even so, things like proper spacing and placement of commas should not be especially difficult for non-native speakers. It's just a matter of proofreading, man!

Let's see you write just those sentences in Portuguese without paying for a translation and see how grammatically correct it is.

And could you also proof read my friend's subtitles for proper spacing and punctuation in Russian? Apparently it's not especially difficult.

Sorry, to be harsh back at ya, but your statements come of a bit unsympathetic to non-English speakers/writers. I think the proper way would be a more tactful approach. Possibly, offer to do a correction or two, or make a sample of these mistakes?

We can all try to be more helpful. God knows I fail at that a lot too.

thanks you alll

hey guys ... thank u all for watching my movie ...... thanks a lot .....

and yea... for the guy who wants the spellings right ... dude ... i guess this forum is for movie making buffs and punks ..... not geeks .... :P sorry .... plzz excuse me bro ....
@ sonny boo.... hi bru ....

Back