Nyu Tisch application Dramatic story Tips

So i'm applying to Tisch this week and I have to write a dramatic story. here are the requirements

Dramatic Story - Introduce yourself. Describe an unforgettable event in your life and how it changed your perception of yourself or the view of someone close to you. This event can be dramatic and/or comedic. The assignment should be written as a short story. Please do not write about why or what lead you to pursue a degree in film and television production. Ultimately we are looking for evidence of your potential as a visual storyteller.

Any tips on writing a story like a visual storyteller?

Thanks

(I think mine is going to be about the day i became a vegetarian (most life changing thing thats ever happened to me haha))

You mean as in telling a story with good visual imagery? Such as your descriptions should be visual?

C'mon, we're all about helping each other out here at IndieTalk, but it's YOUR assignment. If you can't pull this one off on your own you shouldn't be going to Tisch in the first place.

haha I wasn't asking anyone to do the assignment for me! Im having way to much fun writing this for anyone to do if for me. I was just wondering if anyone had tips on storytelling. Sorry if i wasn't clear.

As an immediate fix, I'd recommend making sure all the diary readings are in the center channel, they change from purely right speaker to left. I haven't stopped watching yet, so the longer cuts are keeping my attention, but my personal aesthetic style has ME wanting you to cut faster... again, if you look through my posts here, that's a personal aesthetic on my part.

Pull the output file into FCP, then select the clip on the timeline and hit (cmd-.) to center the audio for the clip.

Some of my cast members graduated from the NYU Tish School of Film and Television. It's one of the best schools for acting in the USA. A good percentage of their graduates go onto working in Hollywood.

Think of writing what you can see, hear, and taste rather than what is just a notion. It's like drawing what you see. Think of drawing rather than making observations. What do you see and hear.

Back