NY Film School

Do any of you guys have any experience with this school? Or even know anything about it. My mom told me about it and asked me if i would like to take this 1 week summer course there. The link is here: http://www.nyfa.edu/film-school/digital-filmmaking/1weekmoviecamp.php

I know you guys will probably say that every experience is better than none, and i want to go, but its so expensive. I just want to know if it is worth the money and if any of you know much about it.

Thanks guys!

This is where I say, even if it's only about one little thing, one variable in film-making, it's worth it, because all the experience you can get is worth it. I learned Final Cut in School, and a 3D program, and Macs, from my dad, then I figured out how to set-up custom workflows from Sketch-up Pro into FCP. I could only do this because I had a little experience here, and a little experience over there.

Oh crap!
TC: Sorry, I didn't read your post clearly and didn't check the link. I assumed you were talking about NYU.

I haven't heard about NYFA but I know for a fact that NYU is a great film school.
Thanks Modern Day

No problem. I have cast and crew people working with me who graduated from New York Film Academy. I wouldn't say that it is a bad place. The individual has a lot to do with it. But, their graduates start and stay in independent film. They don't have gurus like Spike Lee to get them internships with Hollywood productions to get their foot in the door.

my brother went there

if ur trying to get your hands dirty, its a good school, but if you're 100% serious i would consider NYU

this school doesn't do much to get you anywhere after you're finished

Back