• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Now its my turn to beg... oh blimey.

Hi fellow indietalkians, :D <-- the face tells you what's coming next...

I've been a member of the boards since the early years and I'm not really into the idea of scrimping on other film-makers. I know we are all in the same boat and I have frequently seen posts on this forum asking for money and thought hmmm they should be looking where the real money is, but hey guess what - now it's my turn. I bow my head in shame and hear the cries of 'hypocrite' and 'pharisee' - uh oh! Sorry!

Ok, its a bit of an Emergency and the only real reason I'm throwing the line out on this one is because I've gone past all the deadlines for various funding bodies, haven't got the time to fill in any white papers for financial sponsors from big companies and I now realise we face a new cost in the production which we're finding hard to find the money for! I've thought about baking some cakes and selling them to old ladies down at the local community centre, but man that's just sheer exploitation - those poor old ladies... ;)

I need public liability insurance to be able to film at 3 different locations and I also need equipment insurance as the director wants to hire a wide angle lens (the hire company requires seperate insurance to cover the value) All this adds to an extra pop-up cost of £350 for the week. So I'm in a bit of a pickle.

Ok ok, so I guess it is my fault - I should have wised up long ago and given into the voices in my head 'erm nathan you need insurance for this' and now my decision earlier has come back to haunt me... and it's haunting me in style! Originally the project was going to be a small venture and then we thought, well... why don't we just go all hell out...

The film is so far on a budget of £700 ($1200 aprox) and so far we have raised £500... so £200 to go. Just wondering if any of you guys would want to help us out, any thing is much appreciated. Of course I'll put any sponsors in the credits under the Exec Prod sections.

If any of you guys have companies or names you want to advertise in the UK, we're sending this film round all the festivals and I can clearly display your name / company name in the credits and also on the website of the film, and print media...

website for the project:

www.splitprism.co.uk/reckless

So any sponsors will be linked on there, with logo, on newly setup sponsors page etc...

I go on the ethos of if you don't ask you don't get... so I guess I just had to ask.

If you guys feel you can help me out at all I've set up a paypal account for this project. productionfunds@gmail.com

If you want to donate something you just have to send money to that address through paypal - www.paypal.com . If you think you might want to help out but want to contact me first, feel free to do so. Man I feel so cheap :( Of course as soon as the film is finished it will appear on this wonderful film-making community website! :yes:

Cheers guys, much appreciated.

Last edited:
I fear we may all be in the same boat. But cheers Shaw, I do appreciate the fact that you even considered it. Thank you. If you ever get stuck in the mud and you need help, give me a shout and hopefully when I'm less broke I can dig deep into my pocket :D

Pray.

Dream it, imagine it happening with all your heart, see it happening, feel it happening, feel how you feel when its happening.

Then...

It'll happen.

Back