nostalgists

okay time to get serious.
im going to be making a movie which i plan to span into a tv show with at least 4 series. its called nostalgists a show about retro geeks that find out there love for old videos.it also shows there thoughts which is doone in movie style e.g. star wars. so i need
a certin amount of actors ,
a producer with a record of being on tv/movies
a co dircter
a co writer
editors etc.
im also need someone to contact freemantle media in a formal email(im not good at that).
http://www.fremantlemedia.com.au/#
i whould prefer experinced people.
the main characters are
steven
joel
gorge
and robert (more will be added)
i plan to write direct and star in this.
pm and will give my detales

I notice you are posting a lot of ideas you have on here for some big productions. I don't want to be a downer because I think it is great you have all these ideas and the drive to do something but I dont think you should start like this. Making feature films and a 4 part tv series/movie aren't as simple as it seems you think.

Right now I think you should take the ideas you have and store them for later and to right now get together with some friends you actually know and go experiment with your camera. Come up with a simple story or plan for a film that is 1-5 minutes long and then go out and shoot it with some friends and get an idea of what it takes. Then come back and do it again and again because that's what it takes.

You want experienced people you say but you don't show any experience that you have. You want a full on production but who's going to pay for it? You are trying to get a whole team together but it seems you only have a couple lines of the story you want to make. As I said I'm not trying to discourage you from making films but I think you should try out some simpler shorter things with friends that you know. Just go out and experiment and learn and practice, that's the best way.

I notice you are posting a lot of ideas you have on here for some big productions. I don't want to be a downer because I think it is great you have all these ideas and the drive to do something but I dont think you should start like this. Making feature films and a 4 part tv series/movie aren't as simple as it seems you think.

Right now I think you should take the ideas you have and store them for later and to right now get together with some friends you actually know and go experiment with your camera. Come up with a simple story or plan for a film that is 1-5 minutes long and then go out and shoot it with some friends and get an idea of what it takes. Then come back and do it again and again because that's what it takes.

You want experienced people you say but you don't show any experience that you have. You want a full on production but who's going to pay for it? You are trying to get a whole team together but it seems you only have a couple lines of the story you want to make. As I said I'm not trying to discourage you from making films but I think you should try out some simpler shorter things with friends that you know. Just go out and experiment and learn and practice, that's the best way.
i agrre with you (i have been making shorts with freinds) but its anoyying me to much and i want to make this a reiltity not an idea. i dont need experinced people then , just some people that have faith in me

i dont need experinced people then , just some people that have faith in me
You will need some experienced people when you'll show up on a set with a camera that is too dark, too loud and nobody knows what everyone is doing ;)

Or when you'll plan to shoot a scene and weather doesn't cooperate with you

Or your actor doesn't show up

You need an experience to know what to do in those situations. Do you say "let go home" or "oh well, we'll shoot without that person, lets do scene blocking".

Or what do you do when your audio guy forgets the dead cat and you shoot outside in a windy day?

You can't run off of just "have faith in me", unless your crew is very very very patient and waits for you to figure out why everything looks green when you shoot in florescent light.

Last edited:
You will need some experienced people when you'll show up on a set with a camera that is too dark, too loud and nobody knows what everyone is doing ;)

Or when you'll plan to shoot a scene and weather doesn't cooperate with you

Or your actor doesn't show up

You need an experience to know what to do in those situations. Do you say "let go home" or "oh well, we'll shoot without that person, lets do scene blocking".

Or what do you do when your audio guy forgets the dead cat and you shoot outside in a windy day?

You can't run off of just "have faith in me", unless your crew is very very very patient and waits for you to figure out why everything looks green when you shoot in florescent light.

thanks dlevanchuk , oh by the way new annocment. will anybody wrok with me if i make the "pilot" a indi film sample to show to whatever production compony i want to do this show. i can reveal more of the stroy once i have one person put there hand up to do thjis with me.

Unfortunately, at least in the Australian industry landscape, without experience and a proven track record, you can't be trusted to have your idea invested in.

What happens with large productions is that Completion Gaurantors are brought on board and so you must supply them with a daily progress report - and if they're not happy they'll come in and take over. Now, investors don't want Completion Guarantors to take over because all they care about is finishing the film as quickly and cheaply as possible, but they're a fact of life so that you don't get productions that have lots of money invested in them that get stuck in production or post production for 2 years or more.

Without some sort of real experience and track record, then investing in your production could be fallacy when you take 6 months to deliver episode 1, for example.

I suggest putting your big idea on hold, creating some smaller ideas that you can do now with your friends and resources you have, plus see what kind of professional experience you can get, whether as intern, work experience, on set volunteer or whatever so that you can get some real experience and eventually put your 'big idea' into a real process to getting it made properly, professionally, and getting it distributed.

Unfortunately, at least in the Australian industry landscape, without experience and a proven track record, you can't be trusted to have your idea invested in.

What happens with large productions is that Completion Gaurantors are brought on board and so you must supply them with a daily progress report - and if they're not happy they'll come in and take over. Now, investors don't want Completion Guarantors to take over because all they care about is finishing the film as quickly and cheaply as possible, but they're a fact of life so that you don't get productions that have lots of money invested in them that get stuck in production or post production for 2 years or more.

Without some sort of real experience and track record, then investing in your production could be fallacy when you take 6 months to deliver episode 1, for example.

I suggest putting your big idea on hold, creating some smaller ideas that you can do now with your friends and resources you have, plus see what kind of professional experience you can get, whether as intern, work experience, on set volunteer or whatever so that you can get some real experience and eventually put your 'big idea' into a real process to getting it made properly, professionally, and getting it distributed.
i tottaly agree just one problem. just because its new now means someone else can do it.ive set myself a limit to try untill school holidays come up. then i can shoot a 30-70 minute pilot for the show. if i cant get anyone by then i give up for a couple of years and work on another project. but if i give up now , and people can help me then ill be scerewed. but thanks jax rox for the advice , i take all advice on bored

Do you have a script for your pilot/movie?

If not, describe your plot points, your characters and what makes your story better, more interesting, will relate to the audience better, will entertain more, have a better hook or will perform better than the last dozen similar movies/shows/webseries that failed?

Do you have a script for your pilot/movie?

If not, describe your plot points, your characters and what makes your story better, more interesting, will relate to the audience better, will entertain more, have a better hook or will perform better than the last dozen similar movies/shows/webseries that failed?

i was writing one but stoped . it whouldnt take me to long to write one though . i have got my main characters and the plot set out

I d suggest you to have a screenplay first, then look for collaborators.
Without a screenplay on your hands no one will take you seriously about your project.

i tottaly agree just one problem. just because its new now means someone else can do it.ive set myself a limit to try untill school holidays come up. then i can shoot a 30-70 minute pilot for the show. if i cant get anyone by then i give up for a couple of years and work on another project. but if i give up now , and people can help me then ill be scerewed. but thanks jax rox for the advice , i take all advice on bored

Maybe start with a short film? Shooting a feature takes a lot of work.

This 3min short film took a few months to plan (whilst completing school and other general life comittments) with two full shooting days and probably three re shoot occasions (each lasting 1-2 hours). Now imagine creating a feature with the same shooting schedule?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYJOsRWuEJg&list=PL2D2EE6D093DB3898&index=59&feature=plpp_video

I don't want it to look like I'm promoting myself... but this is a playlist of all the films I've done, about halfway is the stuff I did at age 15. It takes a lot of work
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL2D2EE6D093DB3898&feature=mh_lolz

Maybe start with a short film? Shooting a feature takes a lot of work.

This 3min short film took a few months to plan (whilst completing school and other general life comittments) with two full shooting days and probably three re shoot occasions (each lasting 1-2 hours). Now imagine creating a feature with the same shooting schedule?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYJOsRWuEJg&list=PL2D2EE6D093DB3898&index=59&feature=plpp_video

I don't want it to look like I'm promoting myself... but this is a playlist of all the films I've done, about halfway is the stuff I did at age 15. It takes a lot of work
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL2D2EE6D093DB3898&feature=mh_lolz

well im stopping this idea for a 70 minute film i hope to do with my friends in the summer holidays . ill take a look at your vid though

Back