• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch NO CONTEST (48 Hour 2018, 6 AWARDS)

Jabronie Pictures in collaboration with Almost Good Films has once again participated in the San Diego 48 Hour Film Fest.

Genre: Vacation or Holiday Film
Character: Fernando/Fernanda Huerto, LIFEGUARD
Line of Dialogue: That is/That's outside my comfort zone
Prop: Cardboard box.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-RS482aTz0

The best part about this is that my cousin ended up becoming this years title character! It was from a random lot and we still don't know who submitted his name in the pool haha.

During the initial screening we won
Audience Choice First Runner Up - Screening Group B
Spirit Award - Screening Group B

For the Best of... well... we didn't expect this much to happen

WINNER:
Best Film - First Runner Up
Best Directing
Best Editing
Best Acting Ensemble
Best Fight Choreography
Best Use of Prop

NOMINATED:
Best Musical Score

We may not have won Best Film overall, but I'm proud to have been involved in a film that has won that many awards. This is my first Editing award since I started participating in the 48 Hour.

Enjoy!

Last edited:
I'll preface this by saying I hate giving feedback that doesn't really help the other person, with that said, I didn't make it past the 3min mark. Just couldn't.

Glad you guys won a bunch of awards ;)

Well that's unfortunate. You literally stopped right before the heart of the short. I hope you actually take a chance to watch it again or at least the second half of it.

Back