NEW work for picture!

I think this may be in the wrong forum; I believe it belongs in promotion, which is normally where musicians post their music for our use. (Including myself) But I don't know, if it's an issue I'm sure someone who knows the forum rules better than I will come along and redirect you.

But anyway, it sounds pretty good! Are you offering it to filmmakers to use? If so, are we permitted to use the tracks if we purchase it? And if so, do you charge for that use? Or do you just request attribution in the credits or what have you? I'm trying to gauge what you intend this album's use to be to us filmmakers beyond just buying it for musical enjoyment.

I'd certainly consider using a couple tracks from it.

Hi,

Yes... This particular album is a promotional album, and so, if you buy a particular tune, you can use it in your film as long as you don't mind to:

1 - Credit me on your film
2 - Credit my website (www.gonzalomartins.com)
3 - Like my page on facebook (https://www.facebook.com/gonzalomartinsmusic)

After you do it, please send me the link of your film/video so I can add it on my website.
This way you get more exposure and I also increase my showreel.

Everybody wins and you don't have to spend a huge amount of money for sync licensing ! :D

Best,
Gonzalo

Last edited:
Credit in a film is fine.. additional website.. i could deal with that.

But I'm not a fan of spamming my Facebook followers.. I'll pass. Good thing I didn't already spend my time listening to tracks

Credit in a film is fine.. additional website.. i could deal with that.

But I'm not a fan of spamming my Facebook followers.. I'll pass. Good thing I didn't already spend my time listening to tracks

I don't think he's asking you to spam your followers; all he says is that he wants you to like his Facebook page, which seems very reasonable. I'd certainly hope that if someone wanted to use my music, they'd head over and 'like' me on Facebook. It's a way of promoting the musician without actually having to 'spam' anyone. It just ups their Facebook like count, thus getting their content more exposure.

I think his conditions seem fairly reasonable. And thank you for explaining them; I might seriously take you up on them. I'll Spotify it first and then if I like anything I'll shoot you an email.

I don't think he's asking you to spam your followers; all he says is that he wants you to like his Facebook page, which seems very reasonable.

That's all he is saying because he edited his post and took away the fourth condition ;)

My point was if I created a separate Facebook post for every person who helped out in my films then I would probably lose a lot of my followers and it would just be spam one person after another getting mentioned. No one wants to scroll through all that on their newsfeed, and if I had someone like that posting on Facebook I would probably unfollow them

Hi mate,

he is actually right, I had initially added "Like and Share" but after "sfoster"'s comment I actually realised that he was right. However I also agree with you that simply Liking my page is not harmful at all.

Sorry for the misunderstanding but now this is the actual format I am offering and I would be very pleased if you guys (or any of the director's in this forum) would take this offer as I believe it would be very beneficial for all of us :)

I am glad you agree :)

Please feel free to go through my album and if you find anything you like, please feel free to purchase that particular piece and use it under the conditions that we both agreed. :)

Last edited:
Back