tv NEw Tv show idea what do you think?

I've thought about this a lot, because it really resonate for me.

I think the key to this, is doing something that nobody would even consider, because it sounds insane and a like huge undertaking.

The thing about living on the streets is that you become a non-person, people look away, won't talk to you or make eye-contact. You become a ghost.

What if you took a small group of street people and showed them how to make a movie, worked with them and made a picture written, devised and crewed by street people. Make a documentary about the process and put both products onto the festival circuit. Take the street people to Sundance, New York, Cannes etc to promote the film.

Call the production company for the film "Hobo Pictures" and make sure that they all earn from it.

The PR value alone of a story like that would be enough to get the attention of TV, press and distributors.

Hmmm not bad. Now I just don't know if I'm up too all this work. I didn't think i would get this big of a response. Thanks again guys. But I think I'm just going to stick with the local scene now. I just have to find a local company that will hook him up with a job. and a hotel...

A couple of years back when Denver was electing an official or mayot, one of the local radio stations recruited a Hobo to run against the other oppenant (he was uncontested). It actually raised a lot of media - sure its from a big CC radio station - but a lot of people got involved with it and they did the same thing got a hotel room and such.

But be careful about the hotel for a month, I recall (I think) them saying that the hobo got twenty other people into the room and the management was upset. So you don't want to burn any bridges or be held responsible for damage.

You may be able to find more accurate information on their website kbpi and i think the hosts call name was willyb. This may help you in your research.

Good luck!

vegasindiestv said:
:huh: Thank you very much.. I was looking on the site and I could'nt find any info on that?

Well I did some research last night and I could not find anything on it either. In fact It wasn't on Google and they can find just about anything. If you are serious enough I would in fact email that DJ at kbpi and get the facts. You may have to try a lot, but it could be helpful.

On the other hand I found out something - They hold an annual "Running of the Bums" somewhere in Denver each year.

I would be a bit careful working the bum angle, Just do a lot of research first.

When I lived in Aspen there was a "Bum" up there - he would cruise the main town - I would see him at least 4 times a week. Rumor was that he was super wealthy.

Nick or should Hazard and myself call you Jesus, its not a bad idea but i should do your first show first then take it to a tv station ans flog it see if any fish go for it...

thats if you can fined a good actor as a host and if you can fined some other good people to show up to star in it, best get yourself a good producer and have him fined you about 100.000 or so to make your first show.

Alright what do I Do? I pitched this idea to some LA producers, and they wrote back saying they liked the idea, what can I do from here so they don't try and steal it. Or do i just go with the flow and see what happens? Here's a link to what they posted on this website. http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/tfr/53802520.html

P.S if you don't know the idea just read the first post of this thread. Also they asked if I was engaged in shooting this right now, before we move on any further.

Back